Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hey guys.

This is a job I wish for some kind soul to help me with. I am setting up my news site and want to set up multiple instances of the Frontpage news module for the different sections on my site. I know how to make the frontpage module only display a certain section. This works fine.

However I want to have different versions of the Frontpage news module, as I can’t change the section customization in helper.php for individual instances of the module. It only does it across all the instances of JA News Frontpage.

When I try and install JA News Frontpage as a new module, I get the error: Module Install: Another module is already using directory: “/home/bluefcn1/public_html/en/modules/mod_janews_fp”

Can someone please help me change the install directory of the JA News Frontpage module six times so I can change the helper.php file in each one and have individual versions of the frontpage module for my six different sections?

This is really important. Any help at all would be grealty, greatly appreciated.

Saguaros Moderator
    bluefcnet Friend

Perfect! Absolutely perfect!

Thank you so much. But why is this option not a default for this module? Adds a whole new feature.

Saguaros Moderator

Thanks !

the module was developed at old time, so it have not many great features :). yes i ‘ll discuss with our dev, hope this feature will be improved for the lastest version.

Thanks

bluefcnet Friend

Sorry, but after about five minutes the fix broke and now it looks like this:

Is this because of my CSS editing or is it something else?

1. joomlartfix
    Saguaros Moderator

yes, pls post the link to your site in here or via pm, i ‘ll give you the solution.

Thanks

bluefcnet Friend

http://bluefc.net/en (the /en is important)

Saguaros Moderator

Hello

The Css Conflict is causing this problem: pls open the file: http://bluefc.net/en/modules/mod_janews_fp/assets/style.css and try to find codes:

.ja-zinfp-featured h4 a {
    color: #fff;
    font-size: 26px;
    background: #fff;
    /* for IE */
    filter:alpha(opacity=80);
    /* CSS3 standard */
    opacity:0.8;
    }

replace:

.ja-zinfp-featured h4 a {
    color:#002060 !important;
    font-size: 26px;
    background: #fff;
    /* for IE */
    filter:alpha(opacity=80);
    /* CSS3 standard */
    opacity:0.8;
    }

bluefcnet Friend

This did not fix it sorry, the only thing it did was make the text blue. However no normal news is coming up.

Saguaros Moderator

Dear bluefcnet

The site is maintaining, i could not see the site same as the last time,:(

bluefcnet Friend

I unistalled my site as it was out of hand – however I will attempt to do the same procedure. Can you still try and follow it up?

Saguaros Moderator

Yes, Of course, i ‘ll follow and try to resolve your issues 🙂

bluefcnet Friend

Thank you very much. I will try this again with my new install and let you know how that turns out too, but for now I can use the GK Headlines module. Perhaps Joomlart should consider equailvent?

Saguaros Moderator

Yes, i try to do all in my ability 🙂
    Thanks

bluefcnet Friend

Tienhc, I restarted the template customization and now it works. It looks like an error with my CSS rendering, or maybe JA Teline 1.4.1 solved the issue. Check it out at http://www.bluefc.net/en

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bluefcnet 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum