Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I use Jevents for the event componet, and am now trying out Ja Events II for the template.

I notice in the JACM slideshow of this template, that it allows you to put in free flow info as far as the title, decription, etc, and also link to events.

I was wondering if there was a way to link purely to the Jevents event data, using the title, description, and dates of the Jevents events that are already loaded in the backend? ..instead of having to type in repeated information when building a slide?

Thanks in advance,

Saguaros Moderator

Hi seaneo,

I got your point but at this moment, JA ACM type of slideshow only supports to displays info retrieved from its own settings in back-end, not from other extension like JEvents

Saguaros Moderator

Hi seaneo,

I got your point but at this moment, JA ACM type of slideshow only supports to displays info retrieved from its own settings in back-end, not from other extension like JEvents

palos Friend

It is also a huge pain for me. I am disappointed with this template what seemed a usual DYNAMIC thing but it is far STATIC in real life. Mostly the modules are static Custom Html Modules or list of simple joomla articles what are not Jevent events. We would need mostly events with categories, pictures, dates, locations, tags what can be called by a handsome module what lists them by categories, dates, locations, tags… at least… if we are pushed to pay for Jevents :/

It would be nice that:
    Slideshow and Video modules would list …(lets say the featured(?) or the newest) EVENTS from a EVENT category.
    Jevents Latest Events module would show images and would use a proper style… longer titles dropped in two lines are looking bad.
    Features module would lists 3 EVENTS or 3 category of EVENTS instead of a Joomla article
    Most Viewed Events module would list the most viewed EVENTS instead of some Joomla article
    Feature Event module would show a featured EVENT instead of a Joomla article

It is for the first shoot by me and futher issues are mostly based on the not Jevents Components
    Here we have a good looking responsive template with restricted usability …even we are paying outside for Jevents.

palos Friend

It is also a huge pain for me. I am disappointed with this template what seemed a usual DYNAMIC thing but it is far STATIC in real life. Mostly the modules are static Custom Html Modules or list of simple joomla articles what are not Jevent events. We would need mostly events with categories, pictures, dates, locations, tags what can be called by a handsome module what lists them by categories, dates, locations, tags… at least… if we are pushed to pay for Jevents :/

It would be nice that:
    Slideshow and Video modules would list …(lets say the featured(?) or the newest) EVENTS from a EVENT category.
    Jevents Latest Events module would show images and would use a proper style… longer titles dropped in two lines are looking bad.
    Features module would lists 3 EVENTS or 3 category of EVENTS instead of a Joomla article
    Most Viewed Events module would list the most viewed EVENTS instead of some Joomla article
    Feature Event module would show a featured EVENT instead of a Joomla article

It is for the first shoot by me and futher issues are mostly based on the not Jevents Components
    Here we have a good looking responsive template with restricted usability …even we are paying outside for Jevents.

Saguaros Moderator

@palosutca: I got your idea but as its name – Advanced Custom HTML Module – it’s basically a custom HTML module with advanced type/style/… supported only.

In case that you want to have the modules of Slideshow / Featured for events content, you can purchase them in JEvents because they are commercial.

Saguaros Moderator

@palosutca: I got your idea but as its name – Advanced Custom HTML Module – it’s basically a custom HTML module with advanced type/style/… supported only.

In case that you want to have the modules of Slideshow / Featured for events content, you can purchase them in JEvents because they are commercial.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum