Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi, I want my default hm page to show the jomsocial home page but it doesnt. I got to menu manager main menu change menutype select jomsocial home page and save it doesnt work on ja erica. It works on other templates just not this one. Any help? Thanks

-Akeem

Anonymous Moderator

Hi akeem11,

I think this issue is from your configuration.
    Please try with the link: http://mywebsite.com/index.php?option=com_jomsocial, if this link is done, you can use this link for the default item.

hathwaytech Friend

Hi there, I tried the previous suggestion but to no avail. Anyone have other ideas?

Thanks!

Tony Silveira Friend

Same thing with me it seams that I have to change template 🙁

hathwaytech Friend

If you look at the url for the JomSocial homepage,

/index.php?option=com_community&view=frontpage&Itemid=71

simply remove the &view=frontpage, and create a new menu link to an external url, without this.

So it would look like:

http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?option=com_community&Itemid=71

Im not sure if this is the correct way to do it. But this worked for me as a quick solution.

Maybe someone out there has a better way to do this.

Good luck

huitzilop Friend

@hathwaytech

Thank you very much, I’ve been trying to fix this for like a week now. Your suggestion works flawlessly! Well, the link is ugly now, but it’s just this one. Do you happen to know why this happens? I tried switching templates and the home page show with no problem, but as soon as I choose JA Erica my JS home breaks. Thank you very much.

beautycadeau Friend

Wel do not think that is the solution because when you login to jomsocial you wil get a home button also and that url is exsacley the same as you will have when you create a menu with the jomsocial home button with &view=frontpage in it

Anywan have an idee to solve this ?

thank you

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  beautycadeau 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum