Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

We’ ve completely redone our site using JA ELASTICA template. You can check the pre-production verson we’ re working here: http://www.selectividadonline.joomlawired.com

The serious issue we have is that we changed the value of the field ‘Logo text’ in Extensions > Templates > JA_Elastica – Default > T3 Options > Profiles (a sample change, appartenly) and suddenly:

– The main menu of our website appears completely unstyled.
    – If you visit the website with a mobile phone all the website appears unstyled. It seem the JA ELASTICA template is no longer used.

Now it’ s impossible to modify any ‘T3 Options’ values. If you try to change any field and save the change the following messages are displayed:

An error has occured when saving Global Settings..
    An error has occured when saving the default profile.

We’ d appreciate if you could say something as soon as possible because we expected lo launch this new site version in the next few days.

Thanks in advance,

Tomas

Adam M Moderator

HI @cnventures,

Please provide a temporary admin account via private reply so I can have a look at the problem first.

P/S: Just reply as normal and check the box Set as private reply below the editor to send over a private reply.

cnventures Friend

Hi, no answers to that subject from Joomlart’s team???

We’re have a big problem here and we pay the Joomlart’s membership precisely to get support on these kind of situations…

Adam M Moderator

Hi @cnventures,

Sorry but have you received my reply in December 8 ? I asked for a temporary admin account but haven’t got any response from you yet.

cnventures Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @cnventures,

Look like there’s a problem with permission since I couldn’t save the template setting, could you please provide a temporary FTP account via private reply as well ?

cnventures Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    cnventures Friend

Are you modifying something via ftp??? Now our site displays even worse, completely unstyled. I attach a screen capture.

Are we supposed to not touch anything for a while while you explore the problem??

We really need some assistance here because we are desperate, we need to keep working on our site and we’re completely blocked

1. Captura-de-pantalla-2015-12-14-a-las-13.16.46
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @cnventures,

No, I still haven’t had a chance to modify any file (even if I have to modify anything, I would ask / tell you about it). Back to the problem above, I mentioned that I couldn’t save your template setting as there’s an error below (look like the frontend was messed up because template settings are not set correctly) :

An error has occured when saving Global Settings.. An error has occured when saving the default profile.

After check this matter, look like all templates under folder templates are set with wrong permission and I chmod folder ja_elastica for you (755 for folders and 644 for files), please have a look and feel free to let me know if there’s anything I could assist you with.

cnventures Friend

Everything seems to work fine now, thanks.

Just to know: I understand that what you did is:

• Changing the files and directories permissions of ja_elastica’s folder to 644 and 755 respectively.
    • Going to Joomla’s backend: Extensions > Templates > JA_Elastica – Default > T3 Options and restoring all the default parameters?

Anything else? What is odd is that while we had the issue we tried to change the assigned template to others (Beez, etc.) and the website keeped looking unstyled…

We just would like to understand well what happened to be sure we can keep working on our site and stay confident.

Regards,

Tomas

Adam M Moderator

Hi @cnventures,

1. Yes, what I did was chmod folder ja_elastica and choose all default parameters, then hit Save. You will now see the message indicate that global parameters and profile are saved, nothing more.

2. As mentioned in point 1, I only chmod folder ja_elastica so you might have to chmod other folders under folder templates now. Let say if the folder is not chmod properly, Joomla! might not be able to read nor write anything in that folder, so even if you switch your default template to Protostar, you will get a blank page because Joomla! couldn’t read JS / CSS files of the template.

P/S : By default, all folders must be chmod with 755 and 644 for files.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum