Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi guys and thanks for the quick upgrade of the Joomla templates.

I will start upgrading a lot of sites for clients very soon and I was wondering if you could provide a step by step procedure for this.
    I know of the JUpgrade component and the capacity of upgrading the site with a few clicks but I was wondering what happens with a customised template.

What will happen to all the changes in the template and themes that I have done to JA Droid?
    Any steps I need to follow if I want the new site(1.7) to look exactly as the old one(1.5.23) ?

Regards
    Dennis

TomC Moderator

Hi Dennis:

As I understand it, the JUpgrade extension will upgrade the core Joomla files to be compatible with the selected version – in this case, J1.7. It should not affect the content you have already customized – provided they were not core code modifications.

If the JUpgrade extension damaged customized content, then what would be the point of such an extension in the first place? If nothing was going to work and would have to be re-entered anyway, one could simply start from square one with a fresh install – right?

Nevertheless, I would check the information/documentation for the extension (or ANY extension) prior to using it – and/or contacting the extension developer to inquire as to your extension specific question . . . better safe than sorry.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum