Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

Here my latest website for portuguese company based on JA Drimia
    (not completed yet)
    http://www.digifrio.pt/index.php

Used components, modules:
    ckforms
    joomfish
    Xmap
    morfeoshow

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Great site!

My humble opinion – try to make it more colors rather than only blue. More colors will make it more professional. 🙂

sunrise Friend

The site looks fine, but again, the blue is a bit much. If you do want it to be blue, try something less bright maybe. Also, on the home page, there are two identincal components that say Technical Assistance. Why two?

wnthemes Friend

Thanks for the feedback.
    The blue color is an option of the client.
    The site is still being built so it has some unresolved issues.

bennitos Friend

Site looks quite good, i agree with the others on the blue.

I would also remove the padding between the red and blue block (new site and techical assistance)

The pictures with the shading look quite nice.

Your search bar doesnt seem to be working, i am not able to typ something there and actually search.

The picture describtions are set for some but also missing or just the image names for some, you might want to update them with the right descritbion.

But overall i quite like what you did with the template, nice job!!

wooohanetworks Friend

The drop down menu is way too transparent over the content below… This should be done in any case, to make it less see through or it becomes hard to read and it also looks not so professional with the high transparency.

jimmer Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 104892 wrote:</em><blockquote>The drop down menu is way too transparent over the content below… This should be done in any case, to make it less see through or it becomes hard to read and it also looks not so professional with the high transparency.</blockquote>

Besides that it looks real good.

All colours go well…At least I think they do…It all depends on what the clients like, that is the most important….RIGHT?

😉

cjmicro Friend

…and we all know sometimes clients taste is … uh… ok I won’t go there!!

Actually I don’t mind the blue, or maybe you had edited since first message. I think it looks good, so good luck with it!

I do agree about menu transparency, you can’t read any of the drop down links until you mouseover. Probalby would be better with a different style.

Cheryl

questbg Friend

<em>@cjmicro 109236 wrote:</em><blockquote>…and we all know sometimes clients taste is … uh… ok I won’t go there!!
    </blockquote>

Hee Hee. Too right Cheryl 🙂

Nice looking site, easy to navigate. One small typo I spotted in the red panel:

“Thermographs are digital recording thermometers used to log temperature in diferent environment’s.”

‘different’ should have two f’s!

wnthemes Friend

Thanks everyone. Your opinion is important.

wooohanetworks Friend

When your client says something that is not prospering him later, as a good freelancer or company you will coach and advise the client to go the way to go with.

Nothing else, as long you also mention your standpoint and have this “better go this way” attitude and teach this a client they will prosper from it and in a long run, you too.

As when his first site he gets from you, with no advise or coaching from your side fails, as you whether did just what the client said or even made it worse, you may never get this client again.

Long term business relationships must be established first, and I would recommend any freelancer who has problems to advise or coach his clients with VALUABLE knowledge, to either get some coaching on his or her own, there are many business schools out there for anybody in any age with the desire to educate oneself how to talk with clients in the right words, tone or language or to simply let it be in the last instance. As what do you want to build a portfolio of one time jobs when later the site is down or even replaced with some work by some more professional programmer.

Unless you have a client who simply says “Let this menu this way, do not mind…” and he or she will continue the finetuning later, what is often not the case but in some cases I know from myself as a client it is the case, that I will not afford more than needed especially when I have no good feeling with the pro…

As to this, I just had contact with a few new ones, the first was unpro as it can get, mailed me always close to midnight and as I mentioned I am also available at daytime and so on, he suddenly was gone…with no payment from my side for sure.

The next one only wanted to sell me some hosting on his own reseller space and could not give me a quote for some simple core programming right away, than he called me via some other guys free minutes and after 30 minutes talk to talk I heard a voice say “thanks that you have been calling for free via Mr. XYZ, you must hang up now but can surely call again..” I did not answer his following calls anymore, this is just wrecking my valuable time.;) Think you may also know such anecdotes…

That is why I am cautious with freelancers also when they have a few or more positive ratings on the site they advertise with…;)

wnthemes Friend

Thanks (wooohanetworks) about yours words.

wooohanetworks Friend

I thank you, for reading and also disregarding the typos I corrected by now…;)

normy Friend

looks amazing mate

reachthesky Friend

I just finished looking at your site 🙂 I think the blue is fine for me, but still i would use some other colors. the top menu , well I found it was quite a contrast (at least for me as viewer) because it had 2 blues and 1 red. I think you should change the product showcase picture . that one is just too blue. and the picture under company is not showing up 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  mig500 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum