Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

I installed this template using the QUICK INSTALL. This sets up your entire Joomla site with the JA Dravity template installed with all the demo content and modules/features as seen in the online demo.

The only glitch I had was the afore mentioned lack of editor in the front end which I resolved as seen above.

JA NEWS
    This installs as a module. I will list my configuration below.

TITLE – Ja News
    Show title; No
    Position ; ja-news (custom module position required)
    Module order: 1:JA News
    Access Level ; Public
    Published; yes

PARAMETERS
    Module class Suffix ;
    Add Module CSS; No
    Show headline: Show
    Headline text; Headline
    Number of Headline news; 10
    Show Headline Tools; show
    Show Headline News title:Show
    Show headline readmore: hide
    Headline fixed height: 250
    Auto-roll; Yes
    Rolling delay time; 10

Group by category or section; Category
    Category(section ID); 1,2,3,13,14,15,16,17 ( As per categories on my edited version of demo site install)
    Show category title; Show
    Catgegory layout ; Blog section
    Intro items; 1
    LInk items; 1
    Max chars; 150
    Show image; Show ( this will refer to MosImage and image will show with border as per CSS style)
    Image Align; Left
    Auto resize; Yes
    Image width; 90
    Image Height: 90
    Columns; 2
    Show readmore; Hide
    ————————————-
    Custom module position
    In the admin SITE menu you will see dropdown for TEMPLATE MANAGER. There is a module position link here. You will see all existing module positions. In my set up I have 28 positions in total and ja-news is number 28. All you need to do is add the text ja-news in an empty module position and click save.
    To see module positions of your template add the following to your site URL with Dravity template installed as default ; index.php?tp=1

CONTENT
    Ensure you have your articles published and in the correct section/categories to see them displayed in your JA News headline front page feature. You will also need to check “show on front page”.

Main Menu

Go to your menu manager – main menu – HOME.
    This sets up your front page (home page) settings.

My main parameters are as follow;

Menu image; Do not use

page title; Hide

Back button; hide

Leading; 0

Intro; 0

Columns; 1

Links; 0

PDF icons etc are hidden

If anyone needs any more help than this please email me.
    I do this for a living but can help further at very low cost.
    Regards.

davidrabone Friend

<em>@lgbtnation 53942 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m sorry, but I’ve been trying to work on this all week, and I’ve done 3 Web sites, and I can not figure this template out! I can’t locate where Ja_News is in the Dravity 1.5 version. This new version is confusing. does anyone have the full manual for this now that it’s completed?

HOw do I add the Ja_News… if you can give me a link to the exact section that would be great. What I have isn’t letting me install it. I only see the quickstart (??) and the full template.

Please help!

Thanks

Adrienne,</blockquote>

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=553

When you unzip the file you should have the various files you need. Quick start is the entire Joomla site pre-configured as per demo or you have the seperate template and module files if you are doing manual set up.
    If the file is missing you could try the module from the other version download.

lgbtnation Friend

I DID IT MANUAL, but the quickstart wouldn’t load. 🙁

davidrabone Friend

<em>@lgbtnation 56937 wrote:</em><blockquote>I DID IT MANUAL, but the quickstart wouldn’t load. :-(</blockquote>

Hi Adrienne – not sure from your post if you finally had success or not. The quickstart is not installed as a Joomla template incase thats what you are thinking. You need to unzip – FTP files into your web server and navigate via browser to the install page. You are basically installing another Joomla site.

dave14 Friend

How can I apply the icons for the user 1-4 modules like shown in the demo! What must I put in the modul suffix field!

I laready tried

.icon1 and -icon1 – but neither worked!

Thanks for your help!

Phill Moderator

I cannot install the quickstart right now (on a work laptop) so I suggest you do that on your localhost and examine the settings as the suffixes do not appear to be published anywhere I can find.

To do this get yourself a copy of Wamp ( http://www.wampserver.com/en/) and install that. Then install the quickstart on localhost. This is done by simply creating a folder called whatever you want (Dravity seems a good name) in the newly created c:/wamp/www folder and unzip all the dravity quickstart files there. Then browse to http://localhost and click on the dravity folder. You will be presented with the normal Joomla setup screen, follow it through not forgetting to add the demo content and in just a few minutes you will havean exact copy of the demo live on your desktop to play with.

Sorry if you know all this, we have to assume all users have only the basics then work up or down to their level of expertise.

dave14 Friend

Not a problem … I just thought anyone knew which “suffix code” to put in the module for the icons to appear! I will try the whole quickstart installation then!

Thanks a lot

Phill Moderator

You could try icon1 or _icon1

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum