Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Went to the demo area today to check on a template seems just about all sites have a been hacked by AKOVirus Team

please fix or pull down. your reputation as a secure site is in tatters. I’ll be changing my membership password shortly.

Shannon

TomC Moderator

<em>@tfosnom 419522 wrote:</em><blockquote> . . . your reputation as a secure site is in tatters.
    Shannon</blockquote>

I am confident the JA Development Team is on top of this situation . . . no need to panic/over-inflate just yet.

😎

tfosnom Friend

<em>@TomC 419564 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am confident the JA Development Team is on top of this situation . . . no need to panic/over-inflate just yet.

:cool:</blockquote>

Guess knowing nought about hacking and not a lot about Joomla security, I assume if all the smart joomla developerr/webmasters/security experts ( which I think JA developers are) can’t stop this from happening (secure such an important site) then security is a bigger concern than we think. I fail to see that as over reaction, inflation etc. Tom

TomC Moderator

<em>@tfosnom 419632 wrote:</em><blockquote> . . . .I fail to see that as over reaction, inflation etc. Tom</blockquote>

The part about JA’s “reputation as a secure site is in tatters” is a bit of an inflation, don’tcha think?

tfosnom Friend

<em>@TomC 419638 wrote:</em><blockquote>The part about JA’s “reputation as a secure site is in tatters” is a bit of an inflation, don’tcha think?
    </blockquote>

No. given the perceived level of expertise I take it JA has at their disposal, no. Perhaps I just expect such a large player in the field, with more resources than the general web master, having more money than most to put into a very secure host shouldn’t get this happening, I believe it’s happened before also?

At the end of the day I just drew it to your attn as it didn’t seem anyone was aware of it at the time.
    In future I’ll just keep quiet and let other comment.
    Blessings Shannon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tfosnom 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum