Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello,

How do I change the date of ja-day or the date on the top right portion of the page?

Thank you!

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

You will find the code to change it from templates/ja_teline_iii/blocks/header.php file with script

<p class="ja-day">
              <?php 
                echo "<span class=\"day\">".JHTML::_('date', 'now', 'l')."</span>";
                echo "<span class=\"date\">, ".JHTML::_('date', 'now', 'M ')." ".JHTML::_('date', 'now', 'd').JHTML::_('date', 'now', 'S')."</span>";
              ?>
            </p>

Regards

sushismb Friend

Hi @ninja Lead,

Thank you for your response.

I actually know where to edit. But I don’t know what and how to edit to change the time zone.

The default time of ja-day is different of that of what is set on the global setting.

Thanks!

Ninja Lead Moderator

If you want to use the time zone from global configuration, you can use this way here

sushismb Friend

Hello @ninja Lead,

Of course I’d like to use the time zone from global configuration. I’ve been wondering who would want the ja-day different from the global configuration? It’s strange that the fix was never stated in the main instructions.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get a clue from the link you sent.

I’d appreciate which part of the code I should change in order to make ja-day time exactly same as the global setting tim.

Thank you!

Ninja Lead Moderator

Try to use my tweak below

Open templates/ja_teline_iii/blocks/header.php file

find and change

<p class="ja-day">
      <?php 
        echo "<span class=\"day\">".JHTML::_('date', 'now', 'l')."</span>";
        echo "<span class=\"date\">, ".JHTML::_('date', 'now', 'M ')." ".JHTML::_('date', 'now', 'd').JHTML::_('date', 'now', 'S')."</span>";
      ?>
    </p>

to

<p class="ja-day">
        <?php 
            $date = new DateTime();
            $config = JFactory::getConfig();
            $date->setTimezone(new DateTimeZone($config->get('offset')));
            echo "<span class=\"day\">".$date->format('l')."</span>";
            echo "<span class=\"date\">, ".$date->format('F')." ".$date->format('jS')."</span>";
        ?>
    </p>

Hope it helps

sushismb Friend

Hello @ninja Lead,

Thank you for your suggestion. How do you change the size of the fonts?

Also, after I edited according to your instructions, I realized that it was not JA-DAY that is the culprit of the different date but the "calendar-holder" that is showing and giving a wrong date.

Can you help?

Thanks!

Ninja Lead Moderator

In this case, you can send me the credentials of your site e.g: URL, admin & FTP account via your reply and SET IT AS PRIVATE reply (so only Moderators can see). I will check it for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 8 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum