Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

Sorry I post here, but it seems JA Countdown extension (http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/extensions/ja-countdown-module) has no forum on its name…

I indeed use JA Countdown with a Beranis template.
    And until version 1.0.1 it worked great !
    I then upgraded to 1.0.2 and the countdown doesn’t work anymore.

Quite luckily, I could go back to 1.0.1 thanks to the fact I always use JA Extensions Manager 🙂

Is some bug known ?
    Difficult for me to investigate as the forum has no section for JA Countdown…

Txs for helping and/or sharing experiences !

Marc

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Marc,

At the moment, new version 1.0.2 is released for JA Mitius template only. In download section of this module, you will see that it is available with 1.0.1 version only. The version 1.0.2 has not been tested with other templates.

Anyways, if possible, you can post details of the error here, we will line it up to backlog and update the fix then.

Thank you.

woluweb Friend

<em>@Saguaros 406332 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Marc,

At the moment, new version 1.0.2 is released for JA Mitius template only. In download section of this module, you will see that it is available with 1.0.1 version only. The version 1.0.2 has not been tested with other templates.
    </blockquote>
    Hi Saguaros,

The reason why I upgraded is that JA Extensions Manager told me that there was a new version 1.0.2 since 22th of November 🙂
    So I did not go to Joomlart website, I just did as I always do with JA Extensions Manager : “check updates” and “update” wherever possible.

But indeed you are right : in the download section 1.0.1 only is offered…

Still, when I want to see the downloads, I rather go to update.joomlart.com because there I can see everything at once and much more easily 🙂
    And there you see 1.0.2…

<em>@Saguaros 406332 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Anyways, if possible, you can post details of the error here, we will line it up to backlog and update the fix then.

Thank you.</blockquote>
    Good idea !
    So here we go :

Screenshot 1 : with 1.0.1 everything works great (by the way, except for the hour of the deadline : I don’t know if you took time from London, UTC, New York, but I had to play to cheat with the figures to make it match the real time).

Screenshot 2 : JA Extensions Manager proposes update

Screenshot 3 : after update to version 1.0.2, the clock still appears but stays on “0 0 0 0”. I put the screenshot with the browser console so that you can see the errors.

To make it easer for your to copy/paste, I reproduce hereafter the text of the console.
    I am no expert, but it seems there is a problem with JNOW in JACCLOCK.JS…

I hope you can solve that one, or at least make the correction for the next release (I can live with 1.0.1 until 1.0.3 🙂

Txs in advance !

Marc

Resource interpreted as Script but transferred with MIME type text/html: “http://www.timeapi.org/utc/now.json?callback=jQuery110206420050689484924_1389948931066&_=1389948931067”. jquery.min.js:6
    send jquery.min.js:6
    x.extend.ajax jquery.min.js:6
    x.(anonymous function) jquery.min.js:6
    x.extend.getJSON jquery.min.js:6
    (anonymous function) jacclock.js:137
    c jquery.min.js:4
    p.fireWith jquery.min.js:4
    x.extend.ready jquery.min.js:4
    q jquery.min.js:4

Uncaught ReferenceError: jnow is not defined jacclock.js:146
    (anonymous function) jacclock.js:146
    c jquery.min.js:4
    p.fireWith jquery.min.js:4
    k jquery.min.js:6
    n.onload.n.onreadystatechange jquery.min.js:6

event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead

1. 2014-01-17_09h56_35
    2. 2014-01-17_09h55_22
    3. 2014-01-17_09h54_24
    Saguaros Moderator

Please try to replace this file: modulesmod_jacountdowntmpllayout1jsjacclock.js with my attached file (BACKUP the old file first)

1. jacclock.zip
    woluweb Friend

Txs Saguaros !

It works perfecltly.
    And I prove it. See screenshot here:

I then checked for the other layouts. Some would also have the same issue.
    I then checked what was changed in the modulesmod_jacountdowntmpllayout1jsjacclock.js file, namely :

before correction

now : jnow?jnow:jacdnow,

after correction

now : (typeof jnow != 'undefined' && jnow)?jnow:jacdnow,

For each of the following files I replicated then your change
    – modulesmod_jacountdowntmpllayout2jsjacclock.js
    – modulesmod_jacountdowntmpllayout3jsjacclock.js
    – modulesmod_jacountdowntmpllayout4jsjacclock.js
    – modulesmod_jacountdowntmpllayout5jsjacclock.js

I guess this bug was not specific to my case (ie template JA Beranis) and that it will be corrected in future releases so that this thread benefits to the community of users of Joomlart 🙂

Yours,

Marc

PS : one more thing

what is the supposed configuration of end-date ?
    I have just made a comparison between JA Countdown and JA Promobar.
    Indeed, if I want 31 dec 2014 9 AM (Brussels time in my case) as deadline I have to encode
    31 dec 2014 2 AM in JA Countdown
    31 dec 2014 1 AM in JA Promobar

Shouldn’t there be
    1. a coherence between the two recent Extensions ?
    2 . some explanation as to how time shoud be set (UTC, Greenwich, Greenwhich + x, …)

UPDATE :
    Youpeee. Joomlart has just released JA Countdown 1.0.3 which solves this issue. Simply upgrade and the .js files will be corrected as shown above (see http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JMC/fixforversion/18045)

1. 2014-01-20_09h30_51
    Saguaros Moderator

Thanks Marc for sharing additional clarification.

Regarding your concerns:

<blockquote>1. a coherence between the two recent Extensions ?</blockquote>

>> Nope, these are different modules, we just integrate countdown feature for JA Promo bar module only

<blockquote>2 . some explanation as to how time shoud be set (UTC, Greenwich, Greenwhich + x, …)</blockquote>

>> Joomla uses UTC by default so I think it should be UTC

woluweb Friend

Txs Saguaros !

<em>@Saguaros 406893 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    >> Nope, these are different modules, we just integrate countdown feature for JA Promo bar module only
    >> Joomla uses UTC by default so I think it should be UTC</blockquote>

Well, I am based in Brussels, ie UTC+1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTC%2B01:00).
    But as I mentionned, if I want 31 dec 2014 9 AM (in UTC+1) as deadline I have to encode
    – 31 dec 2014 2 AM in JA Countdown
    – 31 dec 2014 1 AM in JA Promobar
    So I think there is something wrong with configuration.
    But OK, I admit, the easy workaround is simply to play with the parameters. So nothing urgent in checking this.

Yours,

Marc

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Marc,

Where do you want to have this date in that format?

<blockquote>- 31 dec 2014 2 AM in JA Countdown
    – 31 dec 2014 1 AM in JA Promobar</blockquote>

Could you send me screenshot highlighting it?

woluweb Friend

Hi Saguaros,

I think we have a misunderstanding : I am not raising a question about formatting the date… but I observe what probably is a misconfiguration of date setting in the extensions.

Example : if I want my deadline to be “some day” at 8 AM UTC, in the backend I have to set the deadline
    – as “some day” at 2 AM in JA Countdown
    – as “some day” at 1 AM in JA Promobar

With other words, it when I set the date&time at UTC, it does as if I had set it at New York time or something like that.
    Meaning the time configured in the extension is obviously not UTC.

Moreover, there is a time difference of 1 hour between the two extensions, which is a nonsense.

Do you get my points ?
    It is tricky, I know 🙂

Saguaros Moderator

As I know, the time in JA Promobar module will be counted as server time of your site. In the JA Countdown module, I will discuss with developer and back to you later 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum