Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I just installed the JA Bistro J1.7 on the local machine. I need to modify the field names and want to add to or delete from the fields. How do i do that. I can’t seems to find any options in the JA Contentextrafields system plugin. Please help.

1. extrafields
    khoand Friend

I don’t understand what you mean clearly. Could you explain more? A snapshot of your frontpage with annotation is very helpful to help me know exactly what you want.

jayatunge Friend

This is related to the JA Contentextrafields System plugin. I need to rename the fields or text with my own and want add another line or delete a line. Here is a screenshot:

1. extrafields-02
    khoand Friend

You login backend > Components > K2 > Extra fields > change anything you want to.

jayatunge Friend

I have seen the similar answer in a previous Post. That solution won’t work on my installation. I am using J1.7 and it does not have the K2 component. Instead, in this JA Bistro J17 release this is a System plugin. :((

khoand Friend

You change /templates/ja_bistro/html/jacontentextrafields/article.xml file

jayatunge Friend

Well, as soon as I changed the Field Names, they disappear from the list. There must me another file to be modified accordingly?

1. extrafields03
    harsa Friend

i’m using ja-bistro 1.7..

i have the same problem with jayatunge.. i’ve tried to make the changes as what khoand wrote.. apparently the modification that i’ve made was deleted from the display..

any help from the experts?

thank you

jayatunge Friend

Ok, khoand is right. 🙂 Once the modification to the field names is done via article.xml file, we need to go back to the article and fill in relevant entries against newly defined fields. The old values do not get substituted automatically. When new field names are created and if there were no values then those fields disappear from the site view. :-[

harsa Friend

ok.. got it..

thank you
    :laugh:

jayatunge Friend

I played with Firebug and could simulate the way that I want to see the article with Extrafields, but couldn’t find which file and how to change it to get the results like in the attached image.
    The temp URL is at http://www.oandsconsulting.com/fabfood/index.php/showcase/categories/chocolates
    I want to move the Extrafields down the article content, instead of showing that block on the top.
    Please help.

1. Move-down-extrafields
    harsa Friend

<em>@jayatunge 284788 wrote:</em><blockquote>I played with Firebug and could simulate the way that I want to see the article with Extrafields, but couldn’t find which file and how to change it to get the results like in the attached image.
    The temp URL is at http://www.oandsconsulting.com/fabfood/index.php/showcase/categories/chocolates
    I want to move the Extrafields down the article content, instead of showing that block on the top.
    Please help.</blockquote>

give this a try,
    go to plugin manager -> System – JA Content Extra Fields -> Basic Option, look for “Display Extra fields for Position” where you can choose before or after to display..

hope this helps..

jayatunge Friend

<em>@harsa 284793 wrote:</em><blockquote>give this a try,
    go to plugin manager -> System – JA Content Extra Fields -> Basic Option, look for “Display Extra fields for Position” where you can choose before or after to display..

hope this helps..</blockquote>

There is no “Display Extra fields for Position” option. I am using j1.7

1. extrafields2
    harsa Friend

maybe because i’m using version 1.7.3 (the latest update)

jayatunge Friend

I do not think that is anything to do with Joomla version update. It is the system plugin.

can someone please help? :((
    Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jayatunge 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum