Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi JoomlArt,

I’m using JA Orisite on a J 2.5.28 site, with JA Content Slider 2.6.0.
    I have two Joomla content categories checked, but it won’t display the second categories articles. For instance, I have a category for May 2015, and another for June 2015. I want to display 6 articles with their thumbnails at a time. I have it set to filter by Date, Descending. Show Tabs is set to No.

Today is May 31. If I set the categories to show both May and June (there is a published article in the June category), it only shows the May category. If I set it to only June, then the June article thumbnail and title displays in the module.

Why won’t the June article display along with the last articles from May, when both categories are selected?

The documentation says that I can choose multiple categories.

Thanks,
    Railer

pavit Moderator

Hi

Would be better for us to have a look directly at your module, so you can send me via Private Message a temp super user account to your backend , in this way we can be more accurate to provide a solution at this problem.

pavit Moderator

Hi

Would be better for us to have a look directly at your module, so you can send me via Private Message a temp super user account to your backend , in this way we can be more accurate to provide a solution at this problem.

railer Friend

Hi Pavit — sorry for the delay. I just added you as a super user and have sent you a PM.

railer Friend

Hi Pavit — sorry for the delay. I just added you as a super user and have sent you a PM.

pavit Moderator

<em>@railer 495137 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Pavit — sorry for the delay. I just added you as a super user and have sent you a PM.</blockquote>

Hi

You forgot to add password to it, i answered to your PM please check

pavit Moderator

<em>@railer 495137 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Pavit — sorry for the delay. I just added you as a super user and have sent you a PM.</blockquote>

Hi

You forgot to add password to it, i answered to your PM please check

railer Friend

Hi Pavit, the password is the text next to the label “Username”. (I accidentally pasted the password over the username, by accident. Maybe hopefully you figured it out and gave it a try.) Thanks!

railer Friend

Hi Pavit, the password is the text next to the label “Username”. (I accidentally pasted the password over the username, by accident. Maybe hopefully you figured it out and gave it a try.) Thanks!

pavit Moderator

Hi

First to look into your issue i noted you are using very old versions for your JA Content slider and also for template

Would be better that you update both template and module to the latest version and verify if the issue is solved

P.S.

First to update take a whole backup of your website and database

pavit Moderator

Hi

First to look into your issue i noted you are using very old versions for your JA Content slider and also for template

Would be better that you update both template and module to the latest version and verify if the issue is solved

P.S.

First to update take a whole backup of your website and database

railer Friend

Thanks Pavit — Well, as I’m sure you’re aware, doing the migration and then upgrading the extension could possibly cause some problems. To begin with, with this site, to migrate it, I need to move it to another server (and also transfer the domain name, because it would be a new billing account on one of my other servers and I’m trying to consolidate the domain registrations from several registrars to a single one). The server only runs php 5.2.17. And as you probably know, 3.x needs 5.3.x minimum.

Anyway, if you think the problem is because of the older versions of Joomla and JA Content Slider, I’ll go through the steps of moving, migrating and upgrading and see. I’ll get back to you in a week or so I let you know how it went when I’m done.

If you can think of why it isn’t working as it is, right now, please let me know, so I can implement a fix sooner.

Thanks

railer Friend

Thanks Pavit — Well, as I’m sure you’re aware, doing the migration and then upgrading the extension could possibly cause some problems. To begin with, with this site, to migrate it, I need to move it to another server (and also transfer the domain name, because it would be a new billing account on one of my other servers and I’m trying to consolidate the domain registrations from several registrars to a single one). The server only runs php 5.2.17. And as you probably know, 3.x needs 5.3.x minimum.

Anyway, if you think the problem is because of the older versions of Joomla and JA Content Slider, I’ll go through the steps of moving, migrating and upgrading and see. I’ll get back to you in a week or so I let you know how it went when I’m done.

If you can think of why it isn’t working as it is, right now, please let me know, so I can implement a fix sooner.

Thanks

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote>if you think the problem is because of the older versions of Joomla and JA Content Slider,</blockquote>

You can simply update module and see what happens, It is not needed also to update Joomla

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote>if you think the problem is because of the older versions of Joomla and JA Content Slider,</blockquote>

You can simply update module and see what happens, It is not needed also to update Joomla

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 8 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum