Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have a problem with JA Content Slider.
    Actually, on the site I am developing now (from scratch from a fresh install of JA Mero, not from quicksrart), the JA Content Slider
    – does slide when I select images
    – does NOT slide when I select articles (Joomla articles, not K2 which I don’t use)

Strange enough, I have another website also with JA Mero where it didn’t cause any problem (but it was installed from the quickstart).

Then I even tried to reinstall JA Mero and also JA Content Slider.
    But it did not help.

From the console, I see no error linked to the slider.
    If I check with the audit tool of Chrome (F12), I indeed see that the next “slides (articles)” are well there, hidden of course… but they simply would not slide…

I have read in detail the forum but have see no solution to that.

You can see for yourself on
    http://lejourlepluscourt.be/contact

Txs for helping,

Marc

1. 2014-04-09_17h10_03
    wingly Friend

Dear @woluweb;

In order to see if i can help with your issue i would need Login credentials. Can you create them please and PM me with them, and i will see what i can do. Thank you!

wingly Friend

@woluweb;

Please check the slider. It should work fine now. The trick was that you had only 2 articles assigned to the category you wanted to show in slider. It seems that 2 articles is not enough for the slider to work. I created 2 more articles and assigned to the category and it works fine. So could you please try to assign not less then 3 articles to a category that will be assigned to a slider? this will solve the solution. However i have passed this issue to the development team, and we see if they can make it work even if there is only 2 articles.

Thank you for understanding, hope it helps.

woluweb Friend

Hi WIngly,

It works great !

I have lost a couple of hours yesterday trying to understand why it would not work, playing with all the options, comparing with another site I have where it works…
    and it was this simple (not explicit) rule of minimum 3 articles…
    Thank you for pointing this out so quickly ! 🙂

Actually, you are right to ask the developers to adapt, because :
    – if there is only one article, anybody understands it does not “slide”
    – but starting from 2, it should already slide (why 3 and not 2 ? It does not change anything)… especially when you create a site : you just create a few dummy articles to show and you let the owner add his own texts/articles

But once again, txs for finding the solution/workaround !!!

See you soon,

Marc

[ edit ]
    Hi again.
    I have juste made a test on basis on my real articles.
    Actually, the minimum is not 3 but 4 articles to make it slide
    I write it here so that the people who come across this thread know exactly what they should do to make it work 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  woluweb 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum