Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi all and happy news year to all of you.

The question is: why sometimes, often, the sistem send a mail saying that that comment was unapproved when that comments was regulary approved?

So I have the user that are boring me for nothing.

Do I have to set up the component better or what?

Thanks
    G.

P.S. How can I improve the limit to the words in a comment, the setting now are so few word count.

There is an italian lenguage file somewhere? Or I have to translate all by myself? Expecianly the mail to approve or not a comment….

nghiatd Friend

Dear gianfranco,

Happy news year to you.

– The system only send mail saying that comment was unapproved when comment was changed status from approved to unapproved.When you change type of parent comment from approved to unapproved the child coment of it will be changed and sent mail.
    – If you want improve the limit to the words please login as administrator then click on tab “Settings / Spam filters” or
    access the link: administrator/index.php?option=com_jacomment&view=configs&group=spamfilters. In this tab, kindly find field “Character (s) is the maximum allowed for a comment” then change value of text box.

Best Regards.

gianfranco Friend

Just another question……
    some of my site users have a issue with ja coments, some of them do not see anymore the coments under the article and the window where write the comments too.
    Do you know if it is a them problem due to some configuration stuff in their browser or what?
    I can’t understand cause I can see the coments anywhere and from any browser!

Hi nghiatd,
    thanks for reply to me.
    Ok for the words limit, did it but the max is 9999 words. I hope will be enough 🙂

For unapproved coments sometimes is happened that a coment in moderation was approved by me and a mail with unpproved text was send to the comenter.
    Don’t know why, maybe I did some mistake

thanks
    G.

nghiatd Friend

Dear gianfranco,

Please check whether you have turned on the config: “Admin need to approve new comment
    by login as administrator then click on tab “Settings / Comments” or access the link: administrator/index.php?option=com_jacomment&view=configs&group=comments.

If you turn it on, New comment will be unapproved and have to be approved before display.

This means the registered user will see the comment when posted but will not see it next time they come until approved by the admin.

I think that’s reason kindly explain to your users.

Best Regards.

gianfranco Friend

Hi nghiatd,
    no, no I was speaking about that some users can’t see all comments, not just their own. Yes I set the comments to need approve by me.
    But I know that untill I do not approve a comment this is not visible in the site.

Have an happy new year
    G.

gianfranco Friend

Hi, so the error of my users is this one:

Dettagli errore pagina Web

Agente utente: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; BTRS26718; GTB6.6; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    Timestamp: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 23:11:17 UTC

Messaggio: Interfaccia non registrata.

Linea: 75
    Carattere: 1
    Codice: 0
    URI: http://www.italiadeivalori.it/media/system/js/mootools.js

something about mootools but I don’t know how to solve it

Anyone?

Thanks
    G.

nghiatd Friend

Dear gianfranco,

It would be much better for us to figure out if you can provide us your ftp and admin account

You can send me your information via link:

http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/View/59987/5/-1/-1

Use your forum user / pass to login to above link.

Best Regards

gianfranco Friend

Ok done!
    I opened the ticket…
    thanks

G.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gianfranco 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum