Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I have tried to upgrade from version 2.5.2 to version 2.5.3. It says it installs successively. However, when you refresh the cache of the component it still says 2.5.2 and none of the plugins and modules get updated. I have a feeling this is a bug because it has done this on 3 different sites that i have ja comment 2.5.2 already installed on. As i said clearing and refreshing the cache didn’t help the version number is still staying the same. By the way i am also using joomla 2.5.8

How do i fix this?

thanks,

Josh

Stork11 Friend

Hello Josh,

Can you tell me if this is happening in the “Admin Dashboard” of “JA Comment” back-end or in JA Extension Manager?

You can PM me the site login access and i can check the same for you.

Regards.

jschroeder Friend

This is happening in joomla itself. When you go to manage in joomla under the joomla extension manager and look at all the plugins, modules and components for ja comment it is not updating it is still showing version 2.5.2. It says it is updated but when you check the version numbers after the update it still says 2.5.2 even if you refresh the cache for each plugin module and component.

I sent you a PM.

stevegoodall Friend

I have had a similar issue when installing the complete package. I found I had to install each element individually to update to the latest versions.

jschroeder Friend

The only problem i found with this method is you can update the modules and plugins individually like you said, but the component itself will not update because i tried this myself because there is no individual package to update the component only. Once you refresh the cache inside of the joomla extension manager the version number reverts back to 2.5.2

Stork11 Friend

It has a problem in “/administrator/components/com_jacomment/jacomment.xml” file. Version number is still 2.5.2 instead the file was downloaded from JA site http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20163 is 2.5.3

I don’t know why all content of that file was overwritten except from version number :confused:

Anyway, I changed version number in that file to 2.5.3 and problem was resolved. Please check and confirm the same.

Regards.

jschroeder Friend

That fixed it now thank you!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jschroeder 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum