Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi.
    I have installed (with your help) JA Comment some days ago, but now I am not able to make it working.
    I have activated the plugin and the component, selected a category in which the comment should be displayed but.. nothing is happening!
    Sometime I see the link “add a comment” but when I click on it, nothing is displayed in the content.

Could you please help me?

Claudio Zucca

himangi Friend

Hi Claudio,

Can you please tell me where the comments should be appearing in the front end? I can only see Home page and no menus to navigate the site, so not sure where should I look for comments..

claudiozucca Friend

Hi Himangi.
    You can try to enter with the user test and password test, and the comments should appear in the page displayed after the login.
    I have tried several times in differents pages, but I never see the component. Maybe I have mistaken something in the configuration, but I really don’t know.

Claudio

claudiozucca Friend

Hi Himangi.
    I have removed the component, and I started to use another one (that works). I am just sorry to have spent the money for Ja Comment.

Claudio

himangi Friend

Hi,

I am very sorry I could not help you! Please let me know if I can be of any help with any more JA related issues..

amir00251 Friend

Yes, I have the same problem. Someone from Joomlart looked at the site and says a rating plugin prevents Ja comment to load. I turn off that plugin completely and still no ja comment. Really bad quality support especially in last few months.

himangi Friend

Hello Amir,

Can you please provide your site link and admin details via PM so that I can check the issue on your site. I havent seen this error occurring before but since 2 of you have come across this, I will try again to find the issue and resolve it.

richnyc30 Friend

I also see nothing and I have checked all the plug-ins, modules, dashboards etc.

himangi Friend

Hi amir & richnyc

Please provide your site url and admin details via PM. I have used JA Comments component and plugins 2 days back with Joomla 1.7.3.
    If you tell me what Joomla versions you are using, I can test the extension with that to see if there is any issue. But I would suggest you to upgrade Joomla and JA Comments to latest available versions and see if that solves your issue.

richnyc30 Friend

Ok, the problem is making sure all the plug-ins are set properly. The biggest problem is the selection of categories and Menus. I don’t recall reading any doc with information, but I will check again.
    I am not sure if the logic is intersection or “OR”. I just made all choices good and then I will start to take away menus and categories. The docs would be easier than experimenting.

himangi Friend

Hi

See if this documentation helps you http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Comment/Administration

What you need to do is install component, and plugins.. The content plugin allows you to choose which categories (all articles in the category) should have the commenting feature. The plugins to show Comment ON and comment OFF buttons will show button for each article, with the existing buttons like Image, Read More etc. Using these you can choose not to show commenting feature for an article even if its category is set to have the commenting..

If you still cant make it work, please provide your site url via PM so that i can take a look or tell me which Joomla version and JA tempalte you are using so that I will check JA comment with those..

richnyc30 Friend

It appears that both the category and the menu page must be selected for the Add Comment button to appear for an article.
    Is this true?

himangi Friend

Hello richnyc30,

If you check http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Comment/Administration#Editing_the_Content_Plugin it states that
    <blockquote>Step 2 – Select ALL CATEGORIES or select only certain categories you want to enable JA Comment.
    Please note that selecting ALL CATEGORIES will enable the comment system for all content articles, including those that are Uncategorized.

Step 3 – Select the content menu items you want to show/hide the Add comments link and the comments count.</blockquote>

So choosing categories is for enabling the commenting feature. And choosing menus allows you to decide if you want to display the Add comment link on the articles under the chosen menu item..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  himangi 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum