Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello

I’ve been developing a website and I have installed Ja comment with Janrain RPX, which I have customised heavily.
    I’m using K2 and joomla 1.5.25. I’m also using SH404 and my site is in Greek and many urls are in greek as well.

Anyways, my problems are as such:
    1. at the backend, whenever there’s a quote or a reply, along with other comments, still unapproved and i hit the “unapproved button” so that I can filter the comments and see only the ones I haven’t approved yet, it doesn’t work. It stays at loading and never shows me the filtered unapproved comments.

2. At the front-end, if an item has more than 10 comments (not counting replies), it won’t display them or any options to show them. I noticed that if i submit a comment, approve it, then reload the page, pagination suddenly appears along with the “display#” option, and then i can see the rest of the comments. After that, I tested things a little bit and managed to make the select box display at all times (not ideal ofc, just to test things), then when I choose at the select box (which initially is always at 50) a smaller number than the total of comments, pagination appears again. I’d like it to work normally, that is to SHOW the select box and ONLY if comments are >10 (that means the box’s initial value must change from 50 to 10 ) and ofcourse show pagination accordingly.

3. As I mentioned above, I’m also using janrain RPX. However, i’m not using your module, let me explain what I’ve done and why, and ultimately what’s my problem.

I have a category that serves the purpose of an online store search/display. When the user clicks on the k2 item in the category or after a search (done with k2 filter by the way), the item opens in a popup windows instead of normally, so that the user won’t leave his search results page.
    That posed a problem with your implementation of janrain login and the popup you use, because you see, the user was already in a popup window, one to which he’s supposed to be redirected back after loging in. The customisation to redirect back to the popup after login, wouldn’t work with your janrain implementation because it redirected back to YOUR popup. So i used janrain’s own widget (which isn’t using a popup) which I customised heavily and managed to make it redirect correctly to wherever it’s supposed to, popup or no popup.
    Now the problem. My site has many urls that have Greek characters, I noticed that when janrain had to redirect back to one of these urls, it threw a weird 404. I went to SH404 and found the option to encode URL (for compatibility with non english characters) which I enabled. That managed to apparently solve the problem only for firefox 9.0.1 and Explorer 9, not for chrome/safari or opera.
    Chrome and safari just throw the 404, opera won’t reload the page even though it has logged in successfully.

Please, I need some help. I’ve also submitted a ticket.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Blaine Friend

Many browsers can not translate Greek in the URL.
    Nice site though when it will load.

sakattack Friend

Thanx

You got me thinking and I started looking for a solution. I’ll need to ditch k2 aliases(or titles for that matter) from the url somehow, maybe Shurl will do the trick. My categories that make it to the urls are all in english so no problems there. Thanx for the tip.

Blaine Friend

Glad you are headed in the right direction. may i mark this solved?

sakattack Friend

Bump!!!

I still got all of the reported problems guys. Any news yet?

Blaine Friend

Well, as I said before, many browsers do not read the Greek text so that would be the first thing to resolve

sakattack Friend

The problem with the janrain redirects has been solved by using sh404’s character replacement and thus eliminating all greek characters in the urls. However, the problems with jacomment still remain.

Thanx for taking the time to answer.

Blaine Friend

I notice you have system legacy enabled. if you are not using something that requires this, please disable it.
    Also, you have many cache cleaners for the site, only one should be enabled.
    I have asked a Greek mod friend of mine to take a look at your back end.
    BTW~ I love the site you made!

Blaine Friend

JA Comment needs DEV attention and I will file an internal ticket on this.
    Thanks for your patience!

sakattack Friend

Leagacy must be a left over from testing a module/plugin, i don’t quite remember. I disabled it as per your advice.
    Once, again, thank you, for both your kind and encouraging words and your help.

Blaine Friend

DEV’s have had this called to their attention and as soon as we get any word, we will report back to you.

Blaine Friend

We believe we have resolved the issue as follows:
    We did as following to get rid of the issue
    open the file administrator/components/com_jacomment/views/comments/view.html.php look for this line of code

$parentItem = $parentItem[0];
    change it to

$parentItem = @$parentItem[0];
    Please check the issue yourself and verify it is resolved so we may mark this ticket solved!
    Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Blaine 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum