Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

hi there,

how can i disable the required fields “name” and “email” for posting a comment.

we want to setup ja comment 2.5 in a closed, local environment. it should be used as a simple live discussion tool – so there’s no need for extra authentication.

any help appreciated 🙂

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@tkutscher 313663 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi there,

how can i disable the required fields “name” and “email” for posting a comment.

we want to setup ja comment 2.5 in a closed, local environment. it should be used as a simple live discussion tool – so there’s no need for extra authentication.

any help appreciated :)</blockquote>

🙂 for JA Comment, those fields are the required fields unfortunately to submit a comment. Hence we apologize we don’t have any solution for this case.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Once the user is logged in the site, he does not need to provide further authentication. If you want to use it as live discussion, i wonder why it wont be needing the source of comments. How will you know who suggested / posted what?

xsa Friend

<em>@JA Developer 313925 wrote:</em><blockquote>:) for JA Comment, those fields are the required fields unfortunately to submit a comment. Hence we apologize we don’t have any solution for this case.</blockquote>

…thanks for ur reply.
    there’s really no way to comment this dependence out?

pretty sad – it’s such a good looking component…

xsa Friend

it’s just to “animate” attendees to ask question live on a dicussion board.
    the important thing would be the question itself – not the person who posted it.

the goal is to make posting as fast as possible 🙂

thank u!

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

I guess you can try the testimonial / guestbook component for such functionality, they have anonymous posting i guess. Long time i used any of those though.

It would be difficult to change the JA Comment for such requirement.

Arvind

xsa Friend

hey arvind,

thanx for ur suggestion – so i will try another method :confused:

cheers,
    tom

xsa Friend

in addnew.php, line 94

<?php //if you want set text of name in field name, you must set class jac-inner-text for input id guestname and add same text in hidden's id jac_hid_text_name?>

maybe that’s the way for comments without unique name/email…?!

where should i set those variables?

many thanks 🙂

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Tom,

It may not work and you may run into other problems later on. If i was you, i would prefer using extensions which support such feature. Customizing an extension which is not meant for such purpose will only bring more work and problems, especially when it comes to the time of upgrades.

It is hard to provide customization support. I hope you understand.

Regards

Arvind

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum