Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi everybody,

I already searched the forum but I found no information about the question.

How can JA Comment be used on Virtuemart-Articles?

All the best, Julian!

TomC Moderator

<em>@julianw 271176 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi everybody,

I already searched the forum but I found no information about the question.

How can JA Comment be used on Virtuemart-Articles?

All the best, Julian!</blockquote>
    Can the plugin not be called upon within the content itself?

Here is an additional resource – JA COMMENT WIKI[/url]

julianw Friend

Hi Tom,

sounds like a good Idea. You mean, I put the plugin that turns on the comments into the description of a product in Virtuemart, so it will be turned on for that special product, but nowhere else. Right?

All the best, Julian!

TomC Moderator

<em>@julianw 271192 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Tom,

sounds like a good Idea. You mean, I put the plugin that turns on the comments into the description of a product in Virtuemart, so it will be turned on for that special product, but nowhere else. Right?

All the best, Julian!</blockquote>
    That’s the theory . . . Have you tested it out?

julianw Friend

Hi Tom,

only half-way. I was just about to insert the plugin into the flypage of the product-details-page when I realized that the component has no rating-options. So at the moment I first focus on to find a good rating-possitility and depending on if the rating is connected with a comment-system I will have to descide if I use JA-Comment also for the comments or not.

Will keep you informed!

All the best, Julian!

TomC Moderator

This is the best reviews system for Joomla I know of –> JReviews

AND . . . it has the ability to integrate with VirtueMart –> JReviews Everwhere[/url]

julianw Friend

Hi Tom,

I agree and I´ve already tested it.

Two problems, the first one personal and the second one feature-like:

– No developer-Liscense. I prefer to “own” what I buy and to be able to use it on as many (of my own) websites als I like without the need of thinking about the liscenses. This is also because I try out a lot, I have about 5 Websites live, but about 40 Websites on a dev-server where I test out different stuff.

– No subscription of comments aviable
    I would have accepted the first point, because it is really just “my personal thing”, but I definitely want to have my users “subscribed to theire own comments”. Nearly every system is doing that, including big sales-companys like amazon, I see no sense in a comment-system without that feautre.
    I requested it and it was said, that this feature is not implemented and also not planed for the future. This is why I did not choose to use jReviews.

However, if they change somehting I will be happy to look for them again.
    In the meanwhile: Wouldn´t it make sense to integrate “ratings” also in JA Comment?

All the best, Julian!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  julianw 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum