Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

JA Category Spotlight With Image Installation Guide
    [position: user5]

Step 1: Installation
    You follow simple steps below:1/ Install the module via Joomla Installer
    2/ Assign module to the position: {top}
    3/ Enable the module

Then, the module is instantly available in your front-end. If you are new to this stuff, follow detailed guideline below:
    —-How to install Joomla module

This module will show specific content from a category in a very impressive way. JA Category SpotLight With Image in our demo:

Step 2: Configuration

From the backend of your Joomla site (administration) select Extensions->Module Manger, then click on module title mod_jacatslwi to enter configuration panel:

Parameters Explanation:

• Module Class Suffix: A suffix to be applied to the css class of the module (table.moduletable), this allows individual module styling.
    • Category IDs: Input Category ID that means all articles of that category is shown
    • Number of Elements: How many element are displayed.
    • Module Height: specify the height of each content display.
    • Text Color: Color of text
    • Background Color: Color of background
    • Background Transparent: Percentage of background transparent.
    • Expand Height: Height when expand
    • Collapse Height: Height when collapse
    • Auto resize: Two option Yes/No auto resize
    • Image Width: Fixed width of the image in pixel (set to -1 if you want to leave the image’s default size)
    • Image Height: Fixed height of the image in pixel (set to -1 if you want to leave the image’s default size)
    • Max Chars: Maximum character number will be displayed
    brennac Friend

Hello,

I have posted three articles in three different categories to appear in User5, however nothing it showing up even though I’ve enabled the module. There is a 300×200 pixel image in each article and a title underneath, what else do I need to do to get them to appear?

http://www.bottega.brennac.com

kind regards,

huypl Friend

Hi brennac,
    To show 3 articles in 3 different categories, you have to ctrl + click to choose the mutilple categories in mod_jacatslwi. Did you remember doing this? You can’t choose a paricular article in each category because only one article in each category will be selected automatically according to the Option” Articles Sort Order By: Date|Order|Hit” in mod_jacatslwi. I suggest that you create a particular category just only for containing your desired articles to be shown at user5.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  huypl 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum