Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Iยดm using JA Side News with the JA Business template.
    The module are showing and contains articles, but i will not show atricles that are set to permission registered.
    Only “public” articles are showing….

Why is this? A bug? A restriction?

Hope you can help me as I need this module to show important articles to employees after login.

phong nam Friend

Hi felixaux111,

Did you set permissions for Registered users to see the articles that JA Side News are showing ?
    If you still face this issue, can you send me a PM with your admin ? I’ll check out which causes this issue.

Regards,

Leo

thefc_uk Friend

Hi

We have the same issue with this module – what did you Leo mean about ‘set permissions’?

From what I can see, you set the articles to display by category and they are either public or restricted. If logged into the site you should see the public and restricted articles?

However, we cannot :((

Any advice very welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

phong nam Friend

@stuaforr: The article status should be either public or registered which are seen by selected users. You should check the articles with one of such 2 status.

thefc_uk Friend

Hi Leo

Are you saying the module is not capable of using other ACL categories?

In this case we have defined a class of access for Members and articles restricted to this class within a publicly accessible category of news.

I would have expected that the articles shown are either visible or hidden dependant on if a user has logged into the site or not?

Thanks for your answer so far ๐Ÿ™‚

phong nam Friend

@stuaforr: After reading carefully your questions again, I realized that my previous reply is not enough clear and correct. I must confirm that at this time our JA Sidenews module is working fine with the publish status of articles rather than access level categories (ACL) like other default Joomla modules.

I am not in position to develop this module, however lets me ask our developers to have more clear explanations on this concern. Now, the forum support is temporarily closed on weekend, so I or our developer will try to reply you again next Monday’s morning. Is it fine, stuaforr ?

thefc_uk Friend

Thanks Leo ๐Ÿ™‚

phong nam Friend

Hi stuaforr,

The ACL issue of this JA Sidenews module was confirmed and assigned to our developer to update the fix in coming release. At the mean time, you can keep track on the work flow at http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECMODSIDENEWSJIVI-82 .

And I will come back to reply whenever the new update is available or a stable fix tips from our dev. Thank you for your patience !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum