Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I have a problem with the word ‘Articles’ above my article display. If the article is called out from the menu like from one of the Main Menu items, this word is not there. When I do a link from a text within an article that when user click on the link it will bring to this article, that article will display the word Articles above the article title. Does anybody know how to remove it?
    Try the site so that you know what I mean: http://www.cambodiancommunityday.org/j25 and scroll to the bottom and click on one of the About link.

gustele Friend

Check if the word Articles is coming from the Page Display Options in the Menu Manager. Open one of the menu-entries for which you see the word Articles in the header. Then check in the section Page Display Options to the right for the Browser Page Title or Page Heading. Delete any text there. Also disable Show Page Heading in that section.

Regards, John

ccdkhmer Friend

if an article is called from a menu item, it is fine. The problem is when it is called from a link, for instance, Read More link, I enter a link Url: index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=136. This article Id 136 will have the word Articles when displayed.

gustele Friend

Hi

I was just looking into this issue and found out that it is indeed not as simple as I suggested in my earlier response. On my site (http://curacaounderwater.com) I don’t have the problem with the read more link. So that seems not to be the issue. I do have the same problem when I display an Uncategorized article that is not linked to a menu. If you click on the link “nice beach” in the article “Trunkdivers at Vaersenbay” (fourth article from the top) you will see that the text Articles is displayed.
    I will further investigate and let you know if I find something. But first I will install a clean Joomla 2.5 to check if the problem is also present for the default installation without a Joomlart template.

Regards, John

gustele Friend

In a clean installation of Joomla 2.5.1 this is not happening, so it seems to be Joomlart-template-specific.

Regards, John

gustele Friend

Found it! There is a line in the php-code to display the article that sets a default for displaying a page header in case this parameter is not defined. For uncategorized articles not linked to a menu this parameter is never set.
    In the directory templates/ja_business/html/com_content/article is a file default.php. Open that file in an editor and change line 22 which contains:
    <?php if ($this->params->get(‘show_page_heading’, 1)) : ?>
    into:
    <?php if ($this->params->get(‘show_page_heading’), 0) : ?>
    Save the file, don’t forget to clean the cache in case you use that and try again.

Changing the value 1 into 0 means that if there is no value set for this parameter, 0 (no) will be used. Originally this was 1 (yes).

This fix changes the default behavior in case no value has been set for Display Page Heading which is fine for me.

What I don’t understand is why this doesn’t happen in a standard Joomla 2.5 installation because there the default behavior is defined the same.

Regards, John

ccdkhmer Friend

Thank you so much. That solves my problem.

kcokol Friend

thank you solved

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kcokol 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum