Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’ve created 2 hacks for JA Bulletin module

1. Most Read listing with Popular of Late feature. Number of days sets a period (from today) for which most viewed articles are selected.

2. New listing “By Rating” (with Popular of Late incorporated). Articles are displayed ordered by rating, number of votes and date.

Both hacks are attached to this message. The contain ONLY hakced files. BACK-UP files to be replaced. All other files – are orginals ones of the JA Bulletin module.

Enjoy! 🙂

CHANGE LOG
    17-NOV-2009 Instead of only hacked files, I uploaded entire module with hacks Popular of Late AND Best Rated
    30-NOV-2009 Fix issue with modified date = 0000-00-00 00:00:00 (more info)

zorroh Friend

i got error:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method plgContentJA_tabs::getLatest() in /www/html/modules/mod_jabulletin/helper.php on line 166

i have:
    ja teline 3
    ja tabs (teline 3)
    joomla 1.5.15

gray Friend

<em>@zorroh 153193 wrote:</em><blockquote>i got error:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method plgContentJA_tabs::getLatest() in /www/html/modules/mod_jabulletin/helper.php on line 166

i have:
    ja teline 3
    ja tabs (teline 3)
    joomla 1.5.15</blockquote>

Please try this file (ATTACHED TO THE FIRST MESSAGE) – it contains all files of JA Bulletin, with hacked ones (popular of late + most ranked).

zorroh Friend

Thank You! now it works! Awesome! 🙂

gray Friend

Updated
    Fixed bug when article modified date = 0000-00-00 00:00:00 (more info)

gray Friend

<em>@gray 155050 wrote:</em><blockquote>Updated
    Fixed bug when article modified date = 0000-00-00 00:00:00 (more info)</blockquote>

The above code (as well as in the original JA Bulletin), last modification date is displayed.
    [php]if ($showdate) {
    $lists [$i]->date = strtotime ( $row->modified ) ? $row->created : $row->modified;
    }[/php]

It’s not convenient if many articles were modified at once due to a reason (changing the alias, for instance).

So, I changed the code just to
    [php]
    $lists [$i]->date = strtotime ( $row->created );
    [/php]

This shows only date of creation. It’s not applied in the hacked JA Bulletin attached to the first post as it should be decided by everyone what date to show.

bboukari Friend

I know it’s been a while since you posted this, but it is an excellent addition to the file. I’ve been meaning to find a fix for this for a LONG time, but have only just now searched it out. Your update package was easy.

gray Friend

<em>@bboukari 282726 wrote:</em><blockquote>I know it’s been a while since you posted this, but it is an excellent addition to the file. I’ve been meaning to find a fix for this for a LONG time, but have only just now searched it out. Your update package was easy.</blockquote>
    Thanks for the feedback!
    ZIP archive attached for the first message in the thread contains all the mods described here.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gray 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum