Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to add these boxes to my joomla template (they are the area within the red square)

I was told those modules were called “JaBox”, but I do not have any module called Ja Box, and I can’t seem to find anything like that on the internet to download. Does anyone know where i can retrieve that module type?

Thanks.

TomC Moderator

“JA BOX” is a CSS class to style certain elements associated with certain modules.

tylerspur3 Friend

<em>@TomC 348029 wrote:</em><blockquote>”JA BOX” is a CSS class to style certain elements associated with certain modules.</blockquote>

So how can I get those boxes on my template? (Sorry if it’s a dumb question, still fairly new to Joomla)

TomC Moderator

<em>@tylerspur3 348031 wrote:</em><blockquote>So how can I get those boxes on my template? (Sorry if it’s a dumb question, still fairly new to Joomla)</blockquote>
    For some reason, the images you posted aren’t displaying on the computer I am currently on.
    I will take a look soon when I get to my other computer and get back to you.

tylerspur3 Friend

<em>@TomC 348034 wrote:</em><blockquote>For some reason, the images you posted aren’t displaying on the computer I am currently on.
    I will take a look soon when I get to my other computer and get back to you.</blockquote>

Here’s the direct image link, if you can see this: http://i.imgur.com/sYrml.png

Scott Lavelle Friend

You need to add a spotlight to your layout with some modules in it. Go to Extensions…template manager, select the template, go to layouts and edit the one you are using. Add this (or something like it) where you want the spotlight to go:

<block name="topsl" type="spotlight" main-inner="1">user1,user2,user3,user4</block>

This would create a 4 Box spotlight, containing the modules user1, user2, user3, and user4.

Make sense? Does this help?

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

tylerspur3 Friend

<em>@slavelle 348047 wrote:</em><blockquote>You need to add a spotlight to your layout with some modules in it. Go to Extensions…template manager, select the template, go to layouts and edit the one you are using. Add this (or something like it) where you want the spotlight to go:

<block name="topsl" type="spotlight" main-inner="1">user1,user2,user3,user4</block>

This would create a 4 Box spotlight, containing the modules user1, user2, user3, and user4.

Make sense? Does this help?</blockquote>

Still kind of confused

tylerspur3 Friend

Anyone else have any ideas?

tylerspur3 Friend

Bump, really need help on this.

Scott Lavelle Friend

Not sure how else to help you. Did you attempt to add a spotlight to the layout file? Where did you get to in the solution? What do you not understand. Kinda flying blind here…

tylerspur3 Friend

<em>@slavelle 348887 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not sure how else to help you. Did you attempt to add a spotlight to the layout file? Where did you get to in the solution? What do you not understand. Kinda flying blind here…</blockquote>

I couldn’t find the layout file

Scott Lavelle Friend

I created a short screencast. Maybe this will help. this shows me going to the list of layouts. Then I select one (in this case, the default layout – you will need to choose the one that is being used for the page/menu item you are adding it to and you can see the spotlight line there, containing the user1, user2, etc…

Here’s the screencast. Does this help?
    http://screencast.com/t/DBWvwRKxEU

tylerspur3 Friend

<em>@slavelle 348896 wrote:</em><blockquote>I created a short screencast. Maybe this will help. this shows me going to the list of layouts. Then I select one (in this case, the default layout – you will need to choose the one that is being used for the page/menu item you are adding it to and you can see the spotlight line there, containing the user1, user2, etc…

Here’s the screencast. Does this help?
    http://screencast.com/t/DBWvwRKxEU</blockquote>

What Joomla version is that? Because that looks way different than what I see

Scott Lavelle Friend

This is Joomla 2.5.

Sorry – I didn’t see that you are on a pre-JaT3 framework template. I’m not familiar with the older framework templates. I just saw your message pop up in the new posts area and thought it would be an “easy fix”…

tylerspur3 Friend

<em>@slavelle 348998 wrote:</em><blockquote>This is Joomla 2.5.

Sorry – I didn’t see that you are on a pre-JaT3 framework template. I’m not familiar with the older framework templates. I just saw your message pop up in the new posts area and thought it would be an “easy fix”…</blockquote>
    Ok well thanks for your effort.

Anyone else know how? I really need this to launch my template

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum