Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

With two different add-ons without any link between them, my website with the JA-BERANIS template presents strange behavior with buttons.
    Instead of having the button displayed in the content section of the webpage, some buttons are displayed like kind of pop-up buttons on top of the screen.
    two examples:
    1°) an event (from Jevents), where a button about the adagio hotel appears on top of the webpage instead of being displayed within the webpage at the bottom below the title “Hotels and restaurants for the meeting” and near by the bullet point.
    http://student-on-the-job.eu/index.php/m-meeting-calendar/icalrepeat.detail/2013/12/05/1/-/2013-12-05-kick-off-partnership-meeting-in-brussels

2°) a repository/library using the DocMan module at:
    http://student-on-the-job.eu/index.php/m-library/cat_view/1-all-documents/2-public-library/6-ecvet-eqf-eqarf-and-al
    On that page, all the “details” button are aggregated at the top of the webpage, also in kind of overlaid buttons (you can see that they are several buttons added on top of each other by the shadow effect, and the last displayed button on top is the one corresponding the last item of the list of the documents in the webpage).
    This “detail” button should appear nearby each “download” button of the various documents of the list.

May be one common aspect to these buttons is that they should then open a pop-up window. Probably the JA-Beranis template interpret the action that the button should do as the display/function mode of the button.

Can you please let me know where I should modify the set-up or from where the problem can come?
    Thanks in advance

yves

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi yves,

I spent a lot of my time to debug both the problem on your site. Css style on JA Beranis template is conflicted with 3rd party

1) With JEvents – Managed People plugin

Open components/com_jevents/views/extplus/assets/css/events_css.css file

Add new script

#jevents_body .modal{
    position: static !important;
    left: 0px !important;
    width: auto !important;
    z-index: 1050 !important;
    margin-left: 0px !important;
    }

Please check it on this link: http://student-on-the-job.eu/index.php/m-meeting-calendar/icalrepeat.detail/2013/12/05/1/-/2013-12-05-kick-off-partnership-meeting-in-brussels

2) With com_docman component

Open components/com_docman/themes/default/css/theme.css file

Add new script

.dm_taskbar .modal {
    position: static !important;
    left: 0px !important;
    width: auto !important;
    z-index: 1050 !important;
    margin-left: 0px !important;
    }

Let me know if it helps

Regards

yfb01 Friend

Big thanks Ninja Lead. 🙂
    it works for both issues.
    just a remark, for Jevents, I added your code in the “custom css” tab of Jevents configuration interface, without to change in the css file directly.
    🙂
    yves

yfb01 Friend

Hi,
    for info:
    I had the same problem with the DocMan component in the JA-Social template as well.
    I added the code for the DocMan theme.css and it also work there.
    🙂
    yves

Ninja Lead Moderator

Thanks for the feedback, hope it helps other users too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum