Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

You can view screenshot before release. Feel free to comment !

2nd Dec 06′
    After receiving some feedback and comments, things are much more improved 🙂

Thank you guys! We will make JoomlArt templates better and better. Our promise!

subtiricaliviu Friend

I like it but … something missing. In the last 2-3 months i refuse to download the new templates because they are not so interesting. I am sorry i say all this but this is the truth, i can not say “WOOW they are beautyful” just to praise you, i prefeer to be realist. The last beautiful and interesting template was Ja_Zibal ….and Ja_Kruger (50%).
    Ja_Antares will not be my choice too… and i am very sorry to say all this , because i am a big fan of joomlart and i just wait the release of new templates, but in the last time it’s all the same to me.:(( Sorry…

gregory3 Friend

Very Simple, nice, but not something I would use on any of my current sites. I too am waiting for the wow factor again. Thanks for posting a preview.

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@gregory3 4552 wrote:</em><blockquote>Very Simple, nice, but not something I would use on any of my current sites. I too am waiting for the wow factor again. Thanks for posting a preview.</blockquote>
    Simple and clean is one of the prefered style of JA templates, we focus more on the accessibility and the power of customization of the templates as we think that the modern web trend will be visitors-centered where usability will be of high importance.
    Thank you very much for your feedback, we will try to deliver the best templates as we can.

noblecode Friend

I think it has a nice look…

I feel you guys have some of the best templates….my problem is I need to learn how to customize them better….I agree the WOW is not there but that is the thing…I have memberships at other clubs that you might consider to have WOW effect but the templates are not friendly when it comes to customizing…..or the amount of built in effects are just not there…..your templates are documented well have very easy to use features (turn on and off selectors, etc)

Keep up the good work and hopefully I can learn a thing or 2 trying to customize your work!

Cory

imported_johnsta Friend

I like it! Each template has something unique and interesting about it. My fav is still JA Regulus Ex.

I’ll see about modding this one when it comes out — looks promising.

John

RTL Friend

<em>@subtiricaliviu 4541 wrote:</em><blockquote>I like it but … something missing. In the last 2-3 months i refuse to download the new templates because they are not so interesting. I am sorry i say all this but this is the truth, i can not say “WOOW they are beautyful” just to praise you, i prefeer to be realist. The last beautiful and interesting template was Ja_Zibal ….and Ja_Kruger (50%).
    Ja_Antares will not be my choice too… and i am very sorry to say all this , because i am a big fan of joomlart and i just wait the release of new templates, but in the last time it’s all the same to me.:(( Sorry…</blockquote>

I agree completely. I mean, I hate to put you down (Hung), but even though we all paid for our memberships, I feel that we are a community here, and we should be working towards helping Joomlart produce templates that people want. So please accept our criticisms as an attempt to help you improve the quality of Joomlart templates, and not as personal insults.

A lot of the recent templates seem like the same every time, just different variations (particularly the colour schemes). You’ve got light templates, and this would work for most businesses, but I’m sure there are a good amount of Joomla users who are running non-commercial websites.

I’m not sure if it’s taboo to mention them here, but let’s take your main competition for example, RocketTheme. When I checked the new templates at the top of November, I wasn’t all that pleased with Joomlart’s, because like I said, it seemed indifferent from the other Joomlart templates. My thoughts were something along the lines of “typical Joomlart template”. Then when I checked RocketTheme’s November template, my jaw dropped. It was the one that a lot of Joomla users were waiting for, a dark “gaming” template. Not to mention, they had three variations on top of the original, and added a fourth half way through the month. So the point I’m trying to make, is that it seems that Joomlart’s templates are targetting online business owners and professionals (distinct target audience), and and RocketTheme is targetting their templates towards the typical Joomla user. Knowing that there are all sorts of Joomla users, they have templates for most kinds.

Being that I have very little experience with Joomla templates, I can’t put my finger on it, but Joomlart templates are missing the “X” factor. I’m not sure if it’s the fact that you aren’t using as many images as RocketTheme, or your images are as vibrant as RocketTheme’s, there’s just something that differentiates the two themes, to the point where you can tell if a theme is a Joomlart template or a RocketTheme template.

That’s pretty much all I can think of ATM, I hope you consider some of the things I said (if not all), and I hope I helped.

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@RTL 4579 wrote:</em><blockquote>I agree completely. I mean, I hate to put you down (Hung), but even though we all paid for our memberships, I feel that we are a community here, and we should be working towards helping Joomlart produce templates that people want. So please accept our criticisms as an attempt to help you improve the quality of Joomlart templates, and not as personal insults.

A lot of the recent templates seem like the same every time, just different variations (particularly the colour schemes). You’ve got light templates, and this would work for most businesses, but I’m sure there are a good amount of Joomla users who are running non-commercial websites.

I’m not sure if it’s taboo to mention them here, but let’s take your main competition for example, RocketTheme. When I checked the new templates at the top of November, I wasn’t all that pleased with Joomlart’s, because like I said, it seemed indifferent from the other Joomlart templates. My thoughts were something along the lines of “typical Joomlart template”. Then when I checked RocketTheme’s November template, my jaw dropped. It was the one that a lot of Joomla users were waiting for, a dark “gaming” template. Not to mention, they had three variations on top of the original, and added a fourth half way through the month. So the point I’m trying to make, is that it seems that Joomlart’s templates are targetting online business owners and professionals (distinct target audience), and and RocketTheme is targetting their templates towards the typical Joomla user. Knowing that there are all sorts of Joomla users, they have templates for most kinds.

Being that I have very little experience with Joomla templates, I can’t put my finger on it, but Joomlart templates are missing the “X” factor. I’m not sure if it’s the fact that you aren’t using as many images as RocketTheme, or your images are as vibrant as RocketTheme’s, there’s just something that differentiates the two themes, to the point where you can tell if a theme is a Joomlart template or a RocketTheme template.

That’s pretty much all I can think of ATM, I hope you consider some of the things I said (if not all), and I hope I helped.</blockquote>

Hi RTL,
    I am really appreciated for your comment, this is very important to us. I know the demand of user are various and hard to live up to everyone expectations, I will get more designer into the team and I belive we can deliver more “X” factor into the monthly templates in the coming time.
    New year, new look and new template styles! <– I am also working hard to make this real
    Thank a lots!

Hieu Nguyen Admin

I like the new template. Very clean.
    I completely disagree that the templates have been getting worse. I think the last few have been way better than any of the early ones. It is really a matter of taste I guess, but I think so far Sargas and Pollux have been the most innovative and beautiful JoomlArt has produced.
    Zibal is nice and clean, but is not really pushing the creative envelope.
    I am hoping that in the future we will see more of the Sargas style designs, with a really unique and strong artistic aesthetic, and some more templates designed for using with VirtueMart. (Shopping II is nice, but I think you guys can do better now!)
    Keep up the good work!

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@offtheguide 4616 wrote:</em><blockquote>I like the new template. Very clean.
    I completely disagree that the templates have been getting worse. I think the last few have been way better than any of the early ones. It is really a matter of taste I guess, but I think so far Sargas and Pollux have been the most innovative and beautiful JoomlArt has produced.
    I am hoping that in the future we will see more of the Sargas style designs, with a really unique and strong artistic aesthetic, and some more templates designed for using with VirtueMart. (Shopping II is nice, but I think you guys can do better now!)
    Keep up the good work!</blockquote>
    Thank you offtheguide!
    It is becoming harder and harder for us to live up to expectations of our current 4709, and this is also one of the reason we try to release 2 templates/month with different styles to suite more need of JA members
    We are recruit more designers into the team in the new year, FYI 🙂

samcartri3 Friend

mmm, can’t wait
    screenshot shows that it’s just what i need
    just don’t forget to ‘enlarge’ userguide properly!!!!

brandon12 Friend

<em>@offtheguide 4616 wrote:</em><blockquote>I like the new template. Very clean.
    Keep up the good work!</blockquote>

yes I agree 🙂

angosom Friend

<em>@subtiricaliviu 4541 wrote:</em><blockquote>I like it but … something missing. In the last 2-3 months i refuse to download the new templates because they are not so interesting. I am sorry i say all this but this is the truth, i can not say “WOOW they are beautyful” just to praise you, i prefeer to be realist. The last beautiful and interesting template was Ja_Zibal ….and Ja_Kruger (50%).
    Ja_Antares will not be my choice too… and i am very sorry to say all this , because i am a big fan of joomlart and i just wait the release of new templates, but in the last time it’s all the same to me.:(( Sorry…</blockquote>

:(( I am with you subtiricaliviu, the latest template releases where really bad the have to much colours and look childly. and the other thing is that all the template releases dont have all the modules. I always miss the banner module.

The designers should built templates that looks hot and wow.

here you got one of my best choice http://demo.rockettheme.com/jul06/ , I only miss here a banner module.

Well, I hope that the builders of the template will do something with this comment.

ruskenb Friend

Hi Hung.. i share the same view as subtiricaliviu does. The past 3-4 templates had not attract me at all. It looks like Joomlart are making it’s template just for the sake to complete it’s target 2 template every month.

And i believed if the future template keep continuing like this, people will going to other developer..

I know u can do better than this.. (that’s why joomlart became my first choice) .

U just need to do more homework if u want to make joomlart our first choice.. do not stay at your comfort zone.. looks around u.. your competitor is getting better and better (trust me) and if the future template keep mantain like the past 3-4 template.. i believed joomlart will be left behind. dont let us down Hung..

Joomlart Lover :laugh:

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@ruskenb 4689 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Hung.. i share the same view as subtiricaliviu does. The past 3-4 templates had not attract me at all. It looks like Joomlart are making it’s template just for the sake to complete it’s target 2 template every month.

And i believed if the future template keep continuing like this, people will going to other developer..

I know u can do better than this.. (that’s why joomlart became my first choice) .

U just need to do more homework if u want to make joomlart our first choice.. do not stay at your comfort zone.. looks around u.. your competitor is getting better and better (trust me) and if the future template keep mantain like the past 3-4 template.. i believed joomlart will be left behind. dont let us down Hung..

Joomlart Lover :laugh:</blockquote>

@ ruskenb and all
    I sincerely apprecitated for your all feedbacks which will be taken into consideration for future templates.
    Please check out the demo of JA Antares and tell me how do you think. It has been enhanced since the first layout

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

This topic contains 34 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  billyk 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum