Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello

I have try to upgrade in localhost my ja anion site from 1.5.25 to 2.5.

I follow what it is explain in this post

I can suggest the procedure i used to update my site from 1.5 to 2.5 version
    1 ) Take a backup of your site joomla 1.5.25 using the component akeeba backup look at this post for the entire procedure .
    2 ) After you have taken the backup install again your site on localhost
    3 ) After installed on your localhost download and install this component Jupgrade
    4 ) After you have installed this component delete all the plugins related to your template, after you can download and reinstall the new versions for joomla 2.5
    5 ) Start the upgrade with Jupgrade
    6 ) Take a backup of your new site with akeeba backup and install it on your web server
    7 ) Download the new versions of your template modules and plugins
    8 ) Install all the new versions of modules and plugins for your new Joomla version

Jupgrade do the job then I go to the Extension Manager for installing the modules, plugins, composant and template that i find in the ja anion package.

I have two great questions :

A – K2 is present in the “JoomlArt Extensions Manager”. But I have not access to the composant. It is not present in the plugin manager.
    Have i missed a step ?

B – I dont know how to merge my old template with the new janion template 2.5.
    What are the steps ?

Thanks for your help
    Regards
    Pascal

pascalus89 Friend

Hello

Nobody seems to answer me.

A – I upload a new version of k2 and it works. J have just had to change the level access of all the items and the categories to ‘public”. Direct in the database.

B- I dont understand if I can reuse my old template or not. What have I to change ?

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote>I dont understand if I can reuse my old template or not. What have I to change ?</blockquote>

Sorry could you be more clear ?

You installed the 2.5 version of the template so you need to copy content from old db ( J1.5 ) to new db ( J2.5 )

pascalus89 Friend

Hello

Sorry for my english.

I have done the upgrade of joomla (ja anion 1.5) with the database.

I’ve install the new version of ja anion template (2.5) and i would like to recover the elements of my customization (css, images, pages etc.) of ja anion template 1.5. Then, to put this customization into the new ja anion template (2.5).

Is it possible ?
    I wonder if the structure of this template, version 2.5, is the same as 1.5.

I have try to copy the folder elements of my old 1.5 into the new 2.5, but it doens’t seem to work.

Thanks for your answers

pascalus89 Friend

<em>@pavit 367728 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    You installed the 2.5 version of the template so you need to copy content from old db ( J1.5 ) to new db ( J2.5 )</blockquote>

Sorry Pavit, but I don’t understand what you mean with “content from old db”

Pascal

pascalus89 Friend

Yes ! I succeed to install my old template. I upload in the theme tab, a zip file containing my custom theme.

After the migration, the positions of the modules were not conserved.
    I have no modules in the right and left columns in the right-main-left configuration.
    I have no modules displayed in the home page, except the slideshow. I succed to see the slideshow on my home page because it is on the content-mass possition.

When I go in the module manager, I have no possibility to choose right or left posistion in field “Position”. I can choose “position-2”, “position-6” etc.

I’ve got a new question : how can I use the left and right position and see the left and right columns ?

phong nam Friend

Hi pascalus89,

Regarding your first question : Would you mind sending a PM with your admin for checking this module conservation issue on your website ?

“When I go in the module manager, I have no possibility to choose right or left posistion in field “Position”. I can choose “position-2”, “position-6″ etc.” >> Sorry for our position missing, you need to open <blockquote>templatesja_aniontemplateDetails.xml</blockquote>, then insert below code format for listing layout position:

<position>position-2</position>
    <position>position-6</position>

before </positions>

“I’ve got a new question : how can I use the left and right position and see the left and right columns ?”
    >> Right, left position are defined in <blockquote>templatesja_anionetclayoutsyour_choosen_layout.xml </blockquote>at line

<block name="inset2" width="20">left</block>
    <block name="left1" width="30">right</block>

>> You just need to assign your module with 2 position in Module Manager.

Regards,

Leo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum