Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Installed the JA Amazon S3 component and followed full directions on installing on the Amazon server and all else.

I cannot get php mail or sendmail to work and many components need to send email. I was able to get it to work using SMTP mail in some cases, but that is not a good option long term.

Any help is much appreciated.

James

MoonSailor Friend

Hi jwestart!

I am not clear on your question. You have problems due to s3 component? or not able to send mail?

Please disable the s3 component to see if the emails work normally. If not, please get back to us.

Regards

jwestart Friend

Hello,

I do not think that the S3 component is the problem now that I have disabled it. I am unable to get the system to send email using the Amazon instance from Joomlart that I installed. In other words the php and sendmail option do not work in sending email. When I install the site on another server it works.

I thought you folks might know how to get the php email function working for this instance so that I can use your components and host the site on Amazon. I have searched everywhere for a solution but there is nothing on the web concerning Joomla and Amazon EC2 for this issue.

Thanks!

James

MoonSailor Friend

Hi Jwestart!

I don’t quite understand on: “system to send email using the Amazon instance from Joomlart that I installed”?

I believe you want send mail and get mail using “Sendmail” or “Php mail function” as following:

If this is the case, I’m not able to help you with this as it seems to be an hosting issue :(.

Please contact to host master. Or clarify and explain your problem in more details as I don’t see how a component has impact on the core functionalityof PHP/Joomla as sendmail.

Regards

1. 5-15-2012-3-30-57-PM
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MoonSailor 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum