Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

Firstly I want to say this is an awesome component. Great idea.

BUT – I’m having a small issue with it.

I’ve installed it all, and set everything up.

I have uploaded the files to s3 using the file manager and I have enabled the plugin, BUT when I check my site it’s always still using the image from the previous path in other words all the files are still served locally – It’s not loading them from the cloudfront server.

What do I have to do to get the site to use the Cloundfront images?

Mark

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Mark,

Please PM me your site admin login, i would like to see, whats wrong. If you use skype, you can add me (my skype ID in my profile).

Arvind

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Mark,

I checked. You had marked the bucket as Private. I have fixed it and now your images are loading from the cloudfront domain you have set.

I would advice you to put the whole site root onto the s3 bucket. So that your CSS and JS files and css images (template images) are also loaded from the clouds. That would give you added boost in performance.

Let me know if you need further help.

Arvind

infoweblink Friend

Hi Arvind,

Thank you so much for the fast response!

all seems to be working now.

I am working on setting up the site so that the entire root folder is uploaded to s3. Before I started I thought i would disable the plugin while I reset the component parameters and uploaded the new files.

I noticed though that even though I disabled the plugin, the system was still using the cloudfront urls. So My question is this, How do revert the site to use the original image urls again?

Mark

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Mark,

Just clear cache on your site and try it on other browser (chrome/ IE) i presume you also use firefox as default 😛 If the problem persists, PM me your site logins i shall have a look.

If you want further assistance, you can PM me your skype / Gtalk and if required i can demonstrate it to you via TeamViewer.

Arvind

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum