Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

I’m with you pepperstreet. I’m not sure what the big confusion is: this is not about the off-canvas menu. Turn off the off-canvas option, put a few items on the menu, go to a smart phone and hit the dropdown for the main menu. The whole screen is filled (plus other issues pointed out by perpperstreet).

Obviously, we can’t find a solution to the issue if the people trying to find the solution can’t even properly reproduce the error.

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

phong nam Friend

Hi pepperstree, slavelle,

Thank for your descriptions. Yes. I saw the collpase menu covered all homepage when I disabled Off-canvas navigation & select Joomla Module for navigation type. In fact, when you turn off our Off-canvas feature, your website will load default menu drop-down style of Joomla on mobile. It will take much time of customization to make that drop-down menu style looks like our Off-canvas menu.

<blockquote>But in the backend it belongs to the style like any other parameter. Logically, it should save with the template-style, and change per style and menuitem accordingly, IMHO.</blockquote>
    There are some global parameters in the T3 template style such as Off-canvas navigation, Show submenu, Enable Devepment Mode, Optimize CSS, Enable responsive, Enable ThemeMagic. When you set on one styles, it will also affect on others.
    i.e:

<field name="navigation_collapse_offcanvas" type="radio" class="btn-group" default="1"
    global="1"
    label="T3_NAVIGATION_COLLAPSE_OFFCANVAS"
    description="T3_NAVIGATION_COLLAPSE_OFFCANVAS_DESC">
    <option value="0">JNO</option>
    <option value="1">JYES</option>
    </field>

pepperstreet Friend

<em>@Leo Burnetts 378160 wrote:</em><blockquote>… In fact, when you turn off our Off-canvas feature, your website will load default menu drop-down style of Joomla on mobile. It will take much time of customization to make that drop-down menu style looks like our Off-canvas menu. …</blockquote>

Actually, the visual style is not the big issue. There is something wrong with height, animation and wrong behavior in regards of content-shifting/overlapping.

IMHO, this collapsable menu style has nothing fancy or differences to the build-in original bootstrap style! I thought this would be no big deal to implement. (The off-canvas is your added extra style)

BTW, I also posted on T3 Github issue queue
    It was confirmed.

phong nam Friend

Hi pepperstreet,

Our developer has already told me about this problem confirmation. We will fix and update it in the next release version of T3 blank template.

Thank you !

pepperstreet Friend

Tested v1.3.1 on J!25
    Much, much better now! 🙂

BTW, should it always be fixed-to-top? Or could it have an option to collapse only? Just curious, because the latter is the default behavior on the the original bootstrap page.

phong nam Friend

Hi pepperstreet,

The fixed-to-top menu on mobile is our default style on T3 templates. If you just want to use collapse only, you need to edit .php file. Currtently, there is no available option to select collapse menu.

i.e: Open templatest3_blanktplsblocksmainnav.php, then remove texts “navbar-collapse-fixed-top” in line:

<nav id="t3-mainnav" class="wrap t3-mainnav navbar-collapse-fixed-top">

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum