Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Teline II is without doubt the best of the Teline series. After that it was down hill all the way.

Is there any possibility that it might be re-written to the latest J!1.6 JAT3v2 standards, or is that just too much to hope for? :((

Nguyen Hong Friend

Hi codger,

We don’t have a plan to convert Teline 2 using T3V2. However, please try to use the latest Teline, the version IV, we will try fixing any reported issues to make it be the best like the version II ever.

Thank you 🙂

joeflynn Friend

Hi Hongnt1

I don’t know if I’d agree that the Telines after II went downhill, but Teline II is so clean and accessible in ways that the follow-ups aren’t.

It is a lot of work to figure out IV, so I was going to wait until a couple extensions I need converted to 1.6. If I name all the Sections and Categories the same, will the Teline II SQL database work in Teline IV or would it require some other magic?

codger Friend

For me it is sad that the Telines got heavier and heavier. I thought about creating the necessary module positions in the blank template to receive the two Teline II news modules but I don’t suppose they would work with J!1.6.

Pity. A bit of work with the stylesheets, and I reckon we could have finished up with a nice light and clean magazine spread, ready to receive some colourful content.

Perhaps JA will get back to a nice light restrained style with Teline V? I can see it now . . . :p

Sherlock Friend

<em>@joeflynn 220125 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Hongnt1

I don’t know if I’d agree that the Telines after II went downhill, but Teline II is so clean and accessible in ways that the follow-ups aren’t.

It is a lot of work to figure out IV, so I was going to wait until a couple extensions I need converted to 1.6. If I name all the Sections and Categories the same, will the Teline II SQL database work in Teline IV or would it require some other magic?</blockquote>

Dear joeflynn,

I am afraid that there would not any magic,you have to copy your datas manually :((

joeflynn Friend

dathq, thank you – can you be more specific? For example, how does one copy in all the articles after the sections and categories are created? Not one by one, certainly? Is it a matter of working with the phpAdmin?

yes codger, we can dream…

Sherlock Friend

<em>@joeflynn 220439 wrote:</em><blockquote>dathq, thank you – can you be more specific? For example, how does one copy in all the articles after the sections and categories are created? Not one by one, certainly? Is it a matter of working with the phpAdmin?

yes codger, we can dream…</blockquote>

Dear joeflynn,

You can install my attached component into your joomla 1.6 site,then go to Components >> jupgrade ,enter the name of joomla1.5 database,you can select to copy Custom modules,menus and contents…

Note that the joomla1.6 and joomla1.5 must be located on the same mysql server

I hope this extension would help,Feel free contacting me if you need further assistance on this.

joeflynn Friend

Thanks for this. I just installed 1.6 on my local system and will try it out. Now that Fabrik has some working versions for 1.6, I can start practicing.

Is the best thing to load the demo data, then change the categories, then the sections, then the menus, then use your extension to load in the articles?

Sherlock Friend

Dear joeflynn,

You just need to load the demo data,then the extension will load the categories,sections and the menus from joomla 1.5 database for you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum