Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I ran into a problem where the images for the checkout bar disappeared after upgrading to J1.58. I found two proposed fixes on the virtuemart forum. I thought I would post them here just in case anyone here runs into the same issue.

Fix 1: Open file

/components/com_virtuemart/themes/ja-mesolite/templates/checkout/checkout_bar.tpl.php

– around 30 or so find the original code:
    echo ‘<table style=”background: url( ‘. VM_THEMEURL .’images/checkout/checkout’. $step_count.’_’.$current_step .’.png ) top right; background-repeat: no-repeat; height:115px;text-align:center;” border=”0″ cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″ align=”center”>

replace with:
    echo ‘<table style=”background: url(‘. VM_THEMEURL .’images/checkout/checkout’. $step_count.’_’.$current_step .’.png) top right; background-repeat: no-repeat; height:115px;text-align:center;” border=”0″ cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″ align=”center”>

It’s hard to spot but all this fix did is remove the white space between the (‘.VM

Fix 2:

Open File:
    /components/com_virtuemart/themes/mesolite/templates/checkout/checkout_bar.tpl.php

line 31 this way (surrounding URL with quotes):

Code:

echo ‘<table style=”background: url( ”. VM_THEMEURL .’images/checkout/checkout’. $step_count.’_’.$current_step .’.png’ ) top right; background-repeat: no-repeat; height:115px;text-align:center;” border=”0″ cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″ align=”center”>

You can find the original thread for this @ http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=47987.0

Sherlock Friend

Hi nefar !
    I don’t see difference bettween the first and the second section code.

tonyg Friend

Hi Hainn84

The problem was caused by this space in the code ( ‘. VM_THEMEURL……………………………
    You resolve it by closing the space (‘. VM_THEMEURL……………………………..

Not easy to spot

nefar Friend

Yes, it is not easy to spot at all. I’m glad others catch these types of problems because I would never think to look for a spacing issue like that.

bassinzoom Friend

Hi gang .. this fix worked for me … just a note 🙂 …. if you are using the JA Mesolite template

its

components/com_virtuemart/themes/ja-mesolite/templates/checkout/checkout_bar.tpl.php

mlsuf Friend

Hi
    This fix doesn’t appear to have worked for me-just looked on the joomla site and found this thread –
    http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=430&p=1484676

When I select the image source for where the checkout image should be displayed I get this message-
    ‘Not Found

The requested URL /components/com_virtuemart/themes/ja-mesolite/images/checkout/checkout4_.png was not found on this server.’

The image checkout4_.png should have a 1,2,3 or 4 after it??

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Martin

nefar Friend

<em>@mlsuf 93730 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    This fix doesn’t appear to have worked for me-just looked on the joomla site and found this thread –
    http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=430&p=1484676

When I select the image source for where the checkout image should be displayed I get this message-
    ‘Not Found

The requested URL /components/com_virtuemart/themes/ja-mesolite/images/checkout/checkout4_.png was not found on this server.’

The image checkout4_.png should have a 1,2,3 or 4 after it??

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Martin</blockquote>

Well the problem that thread talks about is not about the problem that relates to the fix I posted. So I would not expect it to work for your issue. It looks like that thread is fairly active though so I would keep an eye on it and see if someone posts a fix. You might try the virtuemart forums themselves too someone may have posted a fix there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nefar 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum