Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • digitaldude Friend
    #199306

    I installed J A Methys on a joomla 2.5 site. I upgraded all the extensions, then upgraded J A Methys to the Joomla 3 version. The site still works, but I cannot see the control panel in administrator. I get the following message:

    1054 Unknown column ” in ‘order clause’ SQL=SELECT * FROM `p42cg_postinstall_messages` WHERE `extension_id` = ‘700’ AND `enabled` = ‘1’ ORDER BY “ ASC

    Manos Moderator
    #540700

    Hi,

    I hope you already have a backup to the previous state, but before that you need to try the db fix function (in Joomla Admin)

    Edit: I get a 500 error trying to access your Joomla Admin Panel

    digitaldude Friend
    #540762

    Thanks for the comment. I do have a backup and can restore to that version, but have tried to go beyond that twice and always end up in the same situation.
    I tried using db fix on both occasions and it made no difference.

    Ninja Lead Moderator
    #540774

    <em>@digitaldude 434601 wrote:</em><blockquote>I installed J A Methys on a joomla 2.5 site. I upgraded all the extensions, then upgraded J A Methys to the Joomla 3 version. The site still works, but I cannot see the control panel in administrator. I get the following message:

    1054 Unknown column ” in ‘order clause’ SQL=SELECT * FROM `p42cg_postinstall_messages` WHERE `extension_id` = ‘700’ AND `enabled` = ‘1’ ORDER BY “ ASC</blockquote>

    This is the problem from Joomla 3 version: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/blob/master/installation/sql/mysql/joomla.sql#L1495 postinstall_messages table in database has been changed.

    Here’s the fix. I hope it works for you as well.

    * Rename your /libraries folder, so you can go back to the original, if need be.
    * Replace /libraries with /libraries from the Joomla_3.2.0-Stable-Update_Package

    Now you will be able to log in to Administrator and the “Components > Post-installation messages” error will be gone.

    digitaldude Friend
    #541114

    Thanks for the response. I first tried using the libraries folder from Joomla 3.2.1 and this crashed the site. I then uploaded 3.3.1 libraries and this seems to have resolved the problem.

    Anyone trying to do this in future must note that the libraries folder must be for the same correct version of Joomla otherwise it may crash,

    Many thanks for the assistance
    🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  digitaldude 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum