Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi. In JA Lens and after I open one of the tile images I get into the content of this K2 article.
    Now, when I click on the title of this article a new window opens up with this single article.

How can I change this behaviour?

Regards
    DT

TomC Moderator

Have you checked the K2 article configuration settings?

designorama Friend

<em>@TomC 358176 wrote:</em><blockquote>Have you checked the K2 article configuration settings?</blockquote>

Hi Tom.
    Yes I did check the article K2 settings. From What I see they only offer the option of having the link or not. Unless I miss something altogether.

Blaine Friend

Check to see if your links have a target statement and take it out or use this one.
    <a href=”yourlinkhere” target=”_top”> yourlinkname </a>

More examples for you:

Target=”_blank” – New Window
    Target=”_new” – New Window
    Target=”_top” – Current Window
    Target=”_self” – Current Window

designorama Friend

I’m talking about the article title that works as a hyperlink. Not a link that I create.

Thanks

Blaine Friend

That option doesn’t exist.
    Alternative readmore option or configurable readmore (like add title instead of readmore link) is a good way to make keyword rich website. K2.org would be the place to read or ask about this.

designorama Friend

All is needed is that when you are in a website and click on the title of a K2 article you stay on the same window. Not a new one.
    It will be anoying for a visitor to browse a website for 5 minutes and have 10 windows open during that process.
    I’ll check with the K2 forum as you suggest.

Blaine Friend

I agree it would be a nice option to have, however as far as I know K2 has not made that implementation and since JA has nothing to do with the coding of K2, I really would not know how to direct you.
    If K2 advises you how to do that, please post the solution here as I am sure many would also love to make that change.
    It’s a great idea and really should be implemented in K2.
    They do offer alternative link function on their latest version. But I am not familiar enough with K2 to advise you on that.
    I’m sorry.

designorama Friend

The solution:

Find the file item.php in the template folder
    (in my case: templates/ja_lens/html/com_k2/default/ja_lens/item.php)

Change the code in line 83:

<a href="<?php echo $this->item->link; ?>" target="_blank"><?php echo $this->item->title; ?></a>

With

<a href="<?php echo $this->item->link; ?>"><?php echo $this->item->title; ?></a>

Blaine Friend

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing that! Many will benefit!
    Is this from the K2 people?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Blaine 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum