Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I’m having some technical problems with a couple of the modules that came with Larix.

My web site URL is as follows:
    http://sandbox.theweboasis.com/connie/

1. I installed ja_larix_1.5_mod_ja_vmproductslide.zip & configured it to display in the “slider” module position, but it only shows in a fraction of the on-screen area that it should. In your demo it uses the whole width of the template, but in mine it only scrolls through the left column area. Why doesn’t it scroll across the whole width of the page?

2. How can I get rid of all the extra white space below the product listings in the slider module? There’s almost an inch of wasted white space. How can I shorten it?

3. The product categories module isn’t working at ALL. The error message gets cut off because there isn’t enough room to display it all in the “left” module position, but the program obviously isn’t working as intended.

4. A “Main Menu” is displaying in the left column and it looks nothing like the other modules. How can I get the navigation to show only across the top of the screen and not at all in the vertical, left column?

Sherlock Friend

Hi stanman123 !
    Please send admin information via pm , i will check it for you.

Sherlock Friend

Hi stanman123 !
    On demo site og JA Larix , slide module is JA productslide module , in your site , you use mod_productscroller module for slide position, Please download productslide module in JA Larix package then install it on your site.

stanman123 Friend

OK,

I installed the “productslide” module and published it to the “slider” module position, but now all that shows is the left and right arrows and no products. Why isn’t it working correctly?

Also, you never responded to issues 2, 3 or 4 from my original post.

I can see that issue #3 has been resolved on my site somehow, but I didn’t change anything. I’d like to know what you did for my future reference so I won’t have the same problem if I need to build another e-commerce site using that module.

jsgrill Friend

<em>@stanman123 61429 wrote:</em><blockquote>OK,

I installed the “productslide” module and published it to the “slider” module position, but now all that shows is the left and right arrows and no products. Why isn’t it working correctly?[/quote]

Did you follow the directions in the JA Larix Readme thread for JA Larix?

Height of div: Height of product display block to display, set it to 150
    Width of div: Width of product display block to display, set it to 140
    Type of product: Type of products will be displayed.
    Category: IDs of Categories that will be displayed. Set it to 0 if you want to display all product. If you want to display some category, seperate it by comma. For example 1, 2 ,3
    Number of Elements: Number of products will be displayed.

What do you currently have set there? The above would fix #2 as well.

stanman123 Friend

I shortened the dimensions so now it’s about the right size, but STILL no products are showing!

And what about issue #4???

jsgrill Friend

<em>@stanman123 61458 wrote:</em><blockquote>I shortened the dimensions so now it’s about the right size, but STILL no products are showing!

And what about issue #4???</blockquote>

What do you have set for ‘Type of Product’ and ‘Number of Elements’?

I’m not sure about #4 without being able to look at your settings. In any case, you’ve already got the Main Menu displayed horizontally across the top of your site. Just open the Main Menu module and change the Position to ‘header’ or even just disable it. I have done both with mine and it works fine. See – http://karcoembroidery.com

stanman123 Friend

In the “Type of product display” parameter pulldown I have “All product” selected, and in the “Number element” field I have typed 6….

Why is it still showing no products?

jsgrill Friend

Here’s what my JA VM Product Slider module screen looks like if it helps.

stanman123 Friend

Thanks for the screen shot, “jsgrill,” but I couldn’t use your exact settings because you have some products set up as belonging to a “special” category, but mine aren’t organized that way. I’ve PM’d the developer, and hopefully he will get me an answer.

jsgrill Friend

Right, I just wanted to see if there was anything else that might be wrong. I’m able to use the ‘all products’ option as well.

Sherlock Friend

Hi stanman123 !

Sorry for delay ! i’m going to check it for you.

Sherlock Friend

Hi stalman123 !
    This is a problem in css code , please try to do following way :
    Open ja-vm.css file in templates/ja_larix/css folder find following code section at about line 195 :

div.vm_element {
    left:-999em;
    position:absolute;
    }

change to :

div.vm_element {
    left:-999em;
    }

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum