Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m almost done with the right positioning of the modules in my website. But now I tested it in IE5.5 / IE6 & IE8RC1 and the logo is not displaying there and the search bar on the left is a bit messed up. With IE7, Opera 9.63, Safari 3.2.1. & Firefox 3.05 everything is working properly..

I hope someone can help me getting it right in the other browsers aswell because I do not know what is causing the problems in the other browsers.

The website is located at http://www.dehcos.nl

THanks & regards,

Henry

jason3283 Friend

Wow! I looked at your site in firefox, It’s clean, easy to navigate with a great looking header and images. IE6 however, what a mess! I would do a little reverse engineering with the firebug plug-in for firefox and compare code with the joomart temp demo that works in IE6 with yours. I feel your pain. Great job though!

eric67 Friend

Hello,

Your site is beautiful !

Just a question. How did you modify the image above the main menu? I couldn’t find where it is located …

Thanks,
    Eric.

anisjolly Friend

http://www.getfirebug.com

download this and install it into firefox.

enable it and you can make css changes to the live site without actually savings the changes. This will help you figure out what you need to amend in the css files to make it work in IE properly.

However, I’d recommend creating a new css file with the class / id amendments for IE and then linking it in the actual template.

This way your IE hacks will remain seperate from the actual CSS.

Oh don’t forget to put in the CSS conditional statement

<!–>

<link stylesheet here>

<!–>

That above code goes in the head section of the template! The above code is an example – for further clarification of the code – i’d recomment googling it.

IE and Firefox use different rendering engines and sometimes can cause a few problems if certain aspects of a template are modified.

hpeeters Friend

Thanks for all your positive comments, I’ll try to figure it out with firebug.

@eric67
    The logo is located in /www/www.dehcos.nl/templates/ja_zeolite/images/logo.png

If you want full logo you’ll need to change the template.css in /www/www.dehcos.nl/templates/ja_zeolite/css/

then goto h1.logo a and change width & height to proper size.

hpeeters Friend

Now I solved the search layout issue aswell. I’ve added a module class suffix for mod_search in the template.css:

div.module_search {
    padding: 0;
    width: 100%;
    text-align: center;
    margin-bottom: 10px;
    }

Now it is displaying properly in ie6 & 8… except ie5.5 is not showing up correctly, but I think not many people are using this version browser anymore…

anisjolly Friend

glad you got that sorted.

don’t worry about IE5.5 – it’s more or less an obsolete browser. As soon as IE8 officialy becomes stable then IE6 is probably going down the same route as 5.5.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  anisjolly 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum