Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I use T3 BS3 Blank template for nearly all of the sites I’ve been creating. I have a problem with only ONE of those sites with the Browser Page Title setting not applying.

At each menu item, on the Page Display tab, I have specified the title I’d like to have displayed. For the Home page, this works fine, but for all of the interior pages on the site, the title is just the same as the “site name” but nothing else.

I have the home page using a different layout than the interior pages and each of the layouts uses a different module to display the same “main menu”. I have tried to apply the home page layout to an interior page (at template manager, setting “assignment” the same for both home and interior page but this made no difference. I’ve tried all sorts of combinations to eliminate the differences between the interior pages and the home page, but nothing makes the page title work. Even if I blank out the menu “browser page title” and let it fall to the article title, the page title still doesn’t reflect anything other than the site name.

I’m lost as to where to go from here, but I need to get these working for SEO purposes. Every other site I’ve built has worked correctly, but this one is giving me this trouble. Also, as mentioned above, the Home page behaves completely normally.

You can find the site here: http://southeastscientific.com

You should see “Providing Quality Repair Services to Businesses Since 1999” for the Browser page title for the “About Us” page

Any ideas?

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Go menu >>>, navigate to the Page Display tab. The first field is Browser Page Title, enter the title you want to appear and save.
    If its not working . Pleas Disable the the third arty extensions for SEO if you are using .
    + Set the Default Joomla template and check if the issue is still there .

Scott Lavelle Friend

This is what I’ve already done. I have no third party SEO extensions on the site. This is the T3 BS3 Blank template that I use to build all of my sites, and I start with an already “prepared” version of it so that I have the same base starting point every time.

Since this is a live site, and I don’t have any other templates on the site to apply as a quick test, I’m looking to find out what might be wrong. Where is the file that creates the Title? I have plenty of sites with which I could compare or copy that file to this site if that’s where the problem is.

Help appreciated.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    There will be default Joomla Templates Beez2 that comes with core Joomla .
    Please apply it and check if it also comes with default joomla templates.
    Also take a backup of your site and update T3 and template via JA Extension manager.

Scott Lavelle Friend

These changes did not help. I’m now on the latest version of the T3 Framework – no change. I didn’t upgrade the t3 bs3 blank template – due to customization I don’t want to fight with but also because I reinstalled the Protostar template and assigned it to the site and it still made no difference as to what is showing up in the Browser Page Title.

Any ideas of what I can look at to resolve this?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI If the browser title also not working with the Default Joomla template , then there can be issue with your Joomla .
    I request you to Report this problem on Joomla Forum Here .
    If you wish Also PM me your site admin details i can take a look for you if its related to template .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI I check the site and found the problem is coming in the single article menu type only .
    I assigned default Joomla template and seems the problem is still there .
    Please write the issue On Joomla Forum , the issue is coming from there .
    Also update your template to latest version .
    Here is link

Take a backup of your site before applying custom changes and updates.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum