Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m having some issues getting JA Teline V up and running like the demo. Please excuse my lack of knowledge in this area. I’m usually good with managing these templates once they are installed properly, but I always have issues getting the modules running properly.

I’m having issues with the home page of my newspaper site. In the modules manager, I’m not exactly sure which module is for the slideshow that’s in the demo. In the demo, there is a block with three articles under the slideshow, and to the right of the slideshow, there is a column with a list of articles that’s titled ‘more news.’

When I scroll down the demo, there is module titled ‘top stories,’ which appears to have stories from different categories.

On the right of the demo, I see modules for ads.

I’m not sure where to find these modules in the back end of the site.

On my site, I have the category pages set on blog, but I see in the demo, it’s set up similar to the home page. What menu item type do I set the home page to to mimic the demo, and what do I set the category pages to? I might keep the category pages on blog, but I may want to use some of the modules.

When I’ve used past Joomlart templates, the demos had sort of a map that showed the position of each module. I don’t see that button on the JA Teline V demo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below is a link to my site.

http://lastandardnewspaper.com/

pavit Moderator

Hi

Ja Teline V is quite different from other Joomlart’s templates , it is using a particular structured layout

Best way to accomplish what you need is to follow template documentation HERE and at the same time you can install the quickstart version with sample data in a subfolder of your website, so you can look at the demo configuration and copy it on your website.

jlewis3233 Friend

Well I’ve attempted to follow the instructions. I’m getting lost somewhere. I’m trying to do what the instructions says. Some of the photos are slightly different from what’s on the back end of my site. Maybe that’s where I’m getting lost. But as of right now, I don’t have a front page. I have category pages with stories, but no front page. My newspaper launches tomorrow, so I’m getting kind of desperate at this point. When I contact Joomlart through the chat the only instructions that I get is to either come here to the forum, or go to the documentation. I’m pretty much being told to figure it out myself, which I’m struggling to do. I decided to pay the $40 for the quickstart instillation, but I haven’t gotten anything from that. I’m feeling kind of screwed at this point.

pavit Moderator

I decided to pay the $40 for the quickstart instillation, but I haven’t gotten anything from that.

Your website seems not to be the quickstart version , if you paid for the quickstart installation as joomlart service, then you should have on your website an exact replica of the template demo and it seems not actually.

jlewis3233 Friend

Your website seems not to be the quickstart version , if you paid for the quickstart installation as joomlart service, then you should have on your website an exact replica of the template demo and it seems not actually.

I did the install, but had issues which led me here. Each time I asked questions I was redirected to the documentation and forum to find the answers. After unsuccessfully trying to figure it out, I decided to pay the extra money because I need to get it done right away. Since I paid the money, nothing. So that’s where I’m at now.

pavit Moderator

Hi there

Please correct your super user account posted above, i cannot login , i will set your home page as in the demo site with all sample data , so you can start from there building your website.

P.S.

( After i talked with administrative support ) you can go at this url https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/order-955837-quickstart-installation/ fill in the form and we will install the quickstart on your website to have it like demo .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 7 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum