Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hey Guys,

To the admins, the url i gave you is to a copy of my site on a dev url. So if you do find a solution, please let me know what you did.

OK…

So I am running purity III and I am running Joomla 3.3.6. When i upgrade to Joomla 3.4.0 or Joomla 3.4.1, many of my sites module positions disapear, and on the home page I am presented with the following message:

“There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may contain articles.”

1) This message shouldnt show, as i have the home page set in the menu to show category blog layout..and the set category has artcicles in it.

2) As you guys know, the home page doesnt show the ‘mainbody/component’ position, so this message shouldnt show anyway

3) when I go into the template manager in backend, and cllick on the tab to show the module positions that this template has, it clearly shows all the module positions that should be showing…but for some reason they are not.

Please see screen shots below.

Screen shot 1 (joomla-3-3-6.jpg ) shows how the site should look ( http://www.futurewater.com.au )

Screen shot 2 (joomla-3-4-1.jpg ) shows how the site looks after the upgrade to Joomla 3.4.X Notice how the banner ads and the news images and text are not showing. (also, the issue is on every page of the website, not just the home page).

Does anyone have any clue what is going on here?

P.S. All cache has been removed..I have even disabled it to test. I have also removed all cookies etc in my web browser and tried many different web browsers.

I can tell you that I use Sh404sef, and if I disable Sh404sef and disable Joomla global config SEF settings, that the site displays as it should…If I only enable and use default Joomla SEF, the same issue is present…so it seems it has something to do with SEF in general. I tried MijoSEF instead of Sh404sef, and the same issue was present…so it SEEMS like it might have something to do with global SEF….but not sure what. I find it hard to believe that Joomla would release Joomla 3.4.X if enabling SEF would make module positions disapear, so I am assuming it has something to do with the T3 framework/JoomlArt and SEF of Joomla.

Anyway, please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

1. joomla-3-3-6
    2. joomla-3-4-1
    austenn01 Friend

After many more hours researching, i still can’t figure out what the issue is. I have some more info however:

– I have added extra module positions and ‘template styles in the template manager’. As stated above, eveyrthing works fine with Joomla 3.3.6 (i started this website not long after Purity III came out…So the code I used for module positions and template styles is all correct…

It seems that any of the new template positions will not show up after the upgrade to Joomla 3.4.X (yes the templateDetails.xml file shows these new positions)..

Maybe its a bug with the Purity III template in general with Joomla 3.4.X?? Ill try setting up a clean install of Purity III and see if there are issues when upgrading to Joomla 3.4.X.

Does anyone have any ideas? This is driving me crazy!

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    # Please keep only one issue for each topic. It would help us easier to follow up with you.
    Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Adam M Moderator

Hi @austenn01,

I checked your site and look like the problem come from incorrect SEF Urls configuration, you can follow these steps to see :

1. Navigate to admin >>> Menus >>> Main Menu >>> Home >>> in Template Style choose Protostar >>> Save.

2. Go back to front-end, refresh and you will see that it’s still Purity instead of Protostar.

austenn01 Friend

<em>@Adam M 465373 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @austenn01,

I checked your site and look like the problem come from incorrect SEF Urls configuration, you can follow these steps to see :

1. Navigate to admin >>> Menus >>> Main Menu >>> Home >>> in Template Style choose Protostar >>> Save.

2. Go back to front-end, refresh and you will see that it’s still Purity instead of Protostar.</blockquote>

To get the modules to show as they should, i had to select the template to display in the EACH MENU ITEM. This is probably why you see this behaviour, as the menu item home (in menu manager) is set to use the purity III template. If i leave this on ‘default’, then the modules dont display even when SEF is turned off.

To the other person who commented…This is the SAME topic, same problem..

Also, i noticed when SEF is disabled, if i click on the HOME menu item, the modules display as they should….if i click on the LOGO (which takes you home), it loads http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?lang=en

So it does look like its a JoomlArt issue.

Also, enabling the Prostart theme wont help, as the module positions are all custom, and thus are NOT part of the Prostar template, and thus will not show.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: ALSO, when comparing the code from the home page of my live Joomla 3.3.6 to the dev Joomla 3.4.1, I can see that this line of code:

<div class=”t3-wrapper features-intro features-intro-2″>

Is showing as:

<div class=”t3-wrapper”>

I have gone into the tpls folder and I can confirm the code is all there as it should be.

It seems, that even though I have chosen to use the Features Intro 2 template for the home page, ‘something’ is loading the ‘default’ template instead.

Very strange…

Adam M Moderator

Hi @austenn01,

Let me clarify a little bit so you can have better understanding :

1. When disable SEF and you have more than 2 languages in your site, the url should be http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?lang=en (where ?lang=current_language) which is correct and it’s how Joomla! choose which language content to be displayed.

2. If you change the template for menu item Home to Protostar, that means when navigate to page Home, you should see the template Protostar instead of Purity (don’t bother about the module as I only want to show you that even you assigned Protostar to home page, somehow it still display Purity in Home). But in your case, it didn’t and I still see the template Purity there.

As described in point 2, there’s no way the template can change this behavior unless there’s a 3rd party extension changed / redirect the real url.

austenn01 Friend

<em>@Adam M 465491 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @austenn01,

Let me clarify a little bit so you can have better understanding :

1. When disable SEF and you have more than 2 languages in your site, the url should be http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?lang=en (where ?lang=current_language) which is correct and it’s how Joomla! choose which language content to be displayed.

2. If you change the template for menu item Home to Protostar, that means when navigate to page Home, you should see the template Protostar instead of Purity (don’t bother about the module as I only want to show you that even you assigned Protostar to home page, somehow it still display Purity in Home). But in your case, it didn’t and I still see the template Purity there.

As described in point 2, there’s no way the template can change this behavior unless there’s a 3rd party extension changed / redirect the real url.</blockquote>

Ok..lets re-state some things…when SEF URL is disabled, everything works the way it should……When we enable Joomla SEF URL’s, things dont work…….well to be more precise, ONLY the new module positions that do not come with Purity III are not shown………

ALSO, regarding No.2 from above….you didnt read what i wrote and test accordingly…If you disable SEF URL’s, you can change the home page, or about us page etc to Prostar, and the template changes on the frontend (remember you need to disable Joomla SEF and Sh404sef. But I have left SEF on, to show people the problem….

I understand that I have written a lot, but what I have written disproves what you have suggested…while I appreciate it, iits not relevant.

So, as I have stated, this is an issue with Joomla SEF URL’s and I believe JoomlArt with Joomla 3.4.X (and when I say JoomlArt…its probably most likely the Purity III template and maybe recent versions of T3 BS3 plugin)..

Either way, I am stumped…..as I have stated….running Joomla 3.3.6, EVERYTHING works fine under ALL conditions, its just Joomla 3.4.X when the issues start.

By the way, looking at the Purity III forum, i see other people are having issue’s after upgrading to Joomla 3.4.X . So it seems its not just me reporting weird issues with Joomla 3.4.X and Purity III

Adam M Moderator

Hi @austenn01,

I’ve just checked your site and see it works fine now, could you please confirm your status ?

curry65 Friend

It would be good if we could know if the problem has been solved.

We have the same experience upgrading from 3.3.6 to 3.4.1 (however not using the Purity III).

Other forums show the same problems, clearly template related, but no one holding up their hand saying “there is a bug”, or “we made a silly change affecting all your templates”, or for that matter, that people now seemingly have solved the problem not coming back and tell us how it was made, dirty fix or not.

For the time being we were forced to downgrade to 3.3.6 :((

jooservices Friend

Hi there @curry65 please create your own topic with issue detail.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

curry65 Friend

<em>@jooservices 468741 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there @curry65 please create your own topic with issue detail.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>

Hi,
    Sorry, I do not understand. We have the exact same problem (most likely), so why should I create another topic for the same problem? That is the whole point in following up the problem in this thread.

It does not make sense what you say.

Thanks for explaining.

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Each topic should be owned by only one user.
    Some issue look like same but different environment will return different issue. And when we reply we can’t focus for each user.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

austenn01 Friend

<em>@Adam M 465719 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @austenn01,

I’ve just checked your site and see it works fine now, could you please confirm your status ?</blockquote>

Hello,

It turned out to be an incompatibility between T3 and PayPlans v3.2.6. After I upgraded PayPlans to v3.3.2 this solved the issue.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  austenn01 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum