Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

We have just received an email informing us that a major security breach has been found in iSEO and to update it immediately, will this be available for all Joomlart members that received a free copy of iSEO or will we all need to purchase a licence to receive the update?

Many thanks,
    9line

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    The Iseo extension was only for a limited time only for JATC and Developer 1 year membership.
    If you need support and download for the extension you have to buy its members from here

Regards

Tor Friend

Hooray, it was a bit of a present you gave us. A SEO tool that we could use for a few weeks before it became useless because it contains a security risk.
    In order to continue using it, we must buy it at full price.

Thank you
    Regards Tor Hølleland

Tor Hølleland
    Nye nettsider - hjemmesider
    https://atlanta.no

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You can check more information about the benefit Here

Regards

Tor Friend

Yes, i have read that:
    Benefits to JoomlArt users :

As a token of thanks all our active paid users will get one time free download access to ISEO Extension worth $147.
        The download will be available from 3rd May 2017 on JoomlArt.
        The download will be available only till 18th of May.
        No technical support will be provided as the number of requests will overload the support team.
        Only users with active JATC, JA Developer or JA Page Builder Premium subscription will have access to download.

"As a token of thanks all our active paid users"…. Get what? A demo you could called it. Downloaded from 3 – 18 may. And 16. of june we have to uninstall it because it is a security risk!

"No technical support will be provided as the number of requests will overload the support team."
    No technical support is ok, but not the same as not to be able to download a security release. At least in my book.

Tor

Tor Hølleland

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Tor,

It was a one-time trial offer. I do not know how practical it would be for us to extend it each time there is a version release. Please do try to look at things from our side too, it takes resources to release upgrades and maintaining products.

We certainly can offer a better discount on such upgrades if that helps.

Arvind

Tor Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tor Hølleland

9line Friend

Hi Arvind,

Maybe I am wrong but if I were to discover a major security breach, I would offer a free upgrade for this one time, I fully understand minor upgrades and bug fixes requiring a paid subscription, but if this is the case for a major security breach, I will just remove iSEO from my website and move to another SEO plugin.

Many thanks,
    9line

9line Friend

Hi Arvind,

Is there any update on what is happening with iSEO for all of the Joomlart members that received a complimentary copy? Will we receive the update so that the major security breach is patched?

Many thanks,
    9line

9line Friend

Hi Arvind,

Have you had any thoughts on what to offer to Joomlart members yet in the light of the major security breach on iSEO?

Many thanks,
    9line

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi 9line,

While I understand your argument, you need to understand our position too. As It was mentioned in the complimentary access that it was one time download for all active users. When the security breach was found and patched we offered 30% OFF for all.

Now, If I am to offer special discount now, it would not be fair for other users who have availed the 30% OFF. So while, I wish I can offer more, I would desist from doing so, to make sure that the other members do not feel let down.

We have 4th of July promotion coming up in few hours and you can avail the same to purchase the iseo or other extensions from ijoomla or JomSocial site or renew / upgrade at JoomlArt.

Regards

Arvind

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 6 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum