Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi folks,

I try to migrate my very old site to joomla 3.x
    I have this site since joomla 1.5

after migration to v.2 I had allready some problems with the old template, but somehow I made it work.

Now I realized, that I wouldn’t have this "luck" after migration to v3.x

I made a "sandbox" to test everything and I’m afraid, that my intellect wouldn’t be enough to migrate my template into T3

Please, would anybody be so kind and have a look at my site and give me a tipp how should I start.
    The site is: http://sgsn-handball.de

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    if you moved from the Older Joomla , you have to check all the Configurations are working in your Joomla , and all extensions /templates are ready for latest Joomla .
    To know about the T3 , I suggest you install quickstart package on localhost and play with it .
    Here is full documentation for T3 .

baujahr70 Friend

Okay, checked everything.
    Nö I want to make a new sitelayout with T3.
    It shoud Look a Little Bit like the Old site.

How can I Show the content in two columns? (have a Look at my site)

…and why do I get some strange signs on each article (some strange text in waved brackets)

thanks for your help

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

You have to follow the documentation of T3 and then apply the custom work on your site based on your needs you can find customisation doc
    https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-framework/t3-framework-for-joomla-2-5-and-joomla-3

baujahr70 Friend

Well, I read the docs, but I can’t find the solution of my problem.
    Thatswhy I ask here to find somebody who is able to help me.

baujahr70 Friend

Look at the picture.
    Before an after every article do the waved brackets appear.

How can I make them disappear?

…and how can I configure the content area to show the articles in two columns like my old site do?

regards,
    BJ70

1. T3_displayproblem
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You have to change the read more button from article editor to change the intro text .
    For the two columns view kindly check the menu options . If your older template has its own style and override for the two columns you will not get the same . You have to customise the template a lot and create a new override for this . This can be a heavy custom work , I suggest you hire a developer for such tasks .

baujahr70 Friend

Menu options are checked and everything is allright.
    I can’t believe, that it’s necessary to hire a developer to solve such a simple problem.
    It must be possible to do it in a easy way.
    I believe that T3 is flexible enough.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    T3 is flexible, but you have to make customisation to make it like your older template . You can check the documentation and have to play with package to see how it works .
    Regards

baujahr70 Friend

Well, thnaks.

…but all you can tell me is to read the docs where isn’t anything to find to solve this easy problem.
    Why don’t you give me a hint?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Kindly check this link for customization in layout : http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-customization
    Everything is simply defined with steps to customise T3 . For creating override for the menu you have to make override in template folder/html/com_content/category .
    Here is documentation .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum