Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi

Not 100% sure I’m in the right forum here but I have real difficulties in identifying the correct URL to put on my site after uploading documents.

Is there an extension that can help me with this (ie generate the correct external URL)?

For example, I uploaded a PDF which I can see on my backend at:

/administrator/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&task=phocadownloadfile.edit&id=8

If i remove the /administrator, that doesn’t work. I’ve tried using the index.php tag with the “8” at the end but that also doesn’t work (and yes, the document is published and authorised).

If it helps, I’m using Joomla 1.7 and used Phoca Download to create the new file which is sitting in my “files” area. Perhaps I need to do something else with the document before it will appear such as transfer it to some other directory??

Obviously I’m hoping someone can help me see if there might be an easier way to identify or create the external URL I can use as I’m finding this to be one of the most baffling aspects of Joomla, but if there is a good Youtube or similar instructive video on how to work around this problem, that would also be helpful in me understanding how this works.

Thank you in anticipation!

Cheers – Neil

chavan Friend

Try this Extension AceSEF http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/sef/10019, you can make a Custom Url for each Url.

Note: If you Find my Post useful please click on the Thanks Icon

milkwowly Friend

<em>@Chavan 279748 wrote:</em><blockquote>Try this Extension AceSEF http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/sef/10019, you can make a Custom Url for each Url.

Note: If you Find my Post useful please click on the Thanks Icon</blockquote>

Thank for you about your link. I am needing to fix to my url.

chavan Friend

that would be perfect for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chavan 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum