Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Two tasks I would like to perform urgently:

1 – I would like to move one Joomla! 2.5 website from one server to another. The site has been online for about 6 months (meaning it’s not a very heavy site).

2 – Once the file and data moved, I would like to use a new template (from Joomlart) for the site.

Is there a step by step guide for this?

Many thanks in advance.

Stork11 Friend

<em>@iguinee 344550 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

Two tasks I would like to perform urgently:

1 – I would like to move one Joomla! 2.5 website from one server to another. The site has been online for about 6 months (meaning it’s not a very heavy site).

2 – Once the file and data moved, I would like to use a new template (from Joomlart) for the site.

Is there a step by step guide for this?

Many thanks in advance.</blockquote>
    Hello iguinee,

1. Download all your site source codes over FTP and export your data using phpMyAdmin of hosting cPanel.
    2. Upload site codes to new server.
    3. Create new database, then import the old one to the new one.
    4. Open “configuration.php” file, then edit below parameters for your new server configuration:
    [PHP]
    public $user = ‘…’;
    public $password = ‘…’;
    public $db = ‘…’;
    public $dbprefix = ‘…’;
    public $log_path = ‘…’;
    public $tmp_path = ‘…’;
    [/PHP]

If you would like to use new template, please download it from JoomlArt.com and install it into your Joomla system. After that, set it as default site template.

Regards.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stork11 11 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum