Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I have Joomla 2.5.24 installed, and JA Social 2.5.8 which is described as “JA Social Template for Joomla 2.5”. When I upgrade my site to Joomla 3.x, will I also have to upgrade JA Social and all Joomlart extensions?

If so, do I upgrade Joomla first? And then will my JA Extension Manager automatically “find” the right Joomlart extensions for Joomla 3.x?

Manos Moderator

Hi,

First of all you should make sure you have a working backup of your site before any updates/upgrades.
    Then the way to upgrade is Joomla first and then everything else, JA Social is compatible with Joomla 3.x as you can see here -> http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates/ja-social

Regards

waratah Friend

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion. I upgraded a test copy of my site successfully to Joomla 3.4.3, but am having problems with the template.

In the Update section of the regular Joomla extension manager, it lists
    JA Extenstion Manager Component for J25 & J3
    JA Social Template for Joomla 2.5

as requiring update. But if I select either one of them and click Update, I get the error:
    Error
    Invalid extension update

If I go into the JA Extension manager and list the template, it says I have 2.5.8 and no new version is found.

However, I cannot display the website front-end. I get the error:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method JoomlaRegistryRegistry::getValue() in …/plugins/system/nnframework/helpers/assignments.php on line 36

Line 36 contains the following code:

$this->_date->setTimeZone(new DateTimeZone($config->getValue('config.offset')));

When I go into Template Manager: Edit Style, it lists:
    JA Social Template for Joomla 2.5.x

Does any of this give you a clue as to what my problem is?

Regards

waratah Friend

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion. I upgraded a test copy of my site successfully to Joomla 3.4.3, but am having problems with the template.

as requiring update. But if I select either one of them and click Update, I get the error:
    Error
    Invalid extension update

If I go into the JA Extension manager and list the template, it says I have 2.5.8 and no new version is found.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JoomlaRegistryRegistry::getValue() in …/plugins/system/nnframework/helpers/assignments.php on line 36

$this->_date->setTimeZone(new DateTimeZone($config->getValue('config.offset')));

Regards

waratah Friend

Hi

Error
    Invalid extension update

Regards

Adam M Moderator

Hi @waratah,

As you can see in the error message, the problem come from /plugins/system/nnframework/helpers/assignments.php (not sure but it’s something like nnframework)

Adam M Moderator

Hi @waratah,

As you can see in the error message, the problem come from /plugins/system/nnframework/helpers/assignments.php (not sure but it’s something like nnframework)

Adam M Moderator

Hi @waratah,

waratah Friend

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction re the plugin 🙂

However, I still have the remaining problems with upgrading the template:

In the Update section of the regular Joomla extension manager, it lists the following as requiring update:

But if I select either one of them and click Update, I get the error:
    Error
    Invalid extension update

Can you advise? (Perhaps I’ll open another post and provide my login details).

waratah Friend

In the Update section of the regular Joomla extension manager, it lists the following as requiring update:

Error
    Invalid extension update

waratah Friend

Error
    Invalid extension update

Adam M Moderator

Hi @waratah,

For JA templates / extensions, you will have to update them via JA Extensions Manager component instead, more detail can be found here.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @waratah,

For JA templates / extensions, you will have to update them via JA Extensions Manager component instead, more detail can be found here.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @waratah,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum