Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I have just noticed that a newer version of Joomla! 3 has been released. Should I update it even though I am using the non-updated Argo template?

In fact, when do I update to the latest Joomla!? I have recently updated from joomla! 3.x to the next but the template was not updated to that latest version. This messed my website up badly… and I cried for 2 weeks.

So, when is it OK to update? Would NOT updating to the latest Joomla! make my website vulnerable to predators? If yes, what to do about it?

Many thanks

Ninja Lead Moderator

We are checking to compatibility with the latest Joomla! version and it is expected to be available next week. Please stay tuned and wait for update news.

iguinee Friend

Any news/update on this?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@iguinee 412042 wrote:</em><blockquote>Any news/update on this?</blockquote>

Yes, it’s available now, you can get it here

joomdude808 Friend

I updated to 3.2.2 and now I can not access the Template Manager for JA Argo.

How can I painlessly update the template and not loose the customization that I have done?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<blockquote>I updated to 3.2.2 and now I can not access the Template Manager for JA Argo.</blockquote>

You need to upgrade T3 framework v2.1.2 on your site.

<blockquote>How can I painlessly update the template and not loose the customization that I have done?</blockquote>

The best practice is to add customization via the templates/ja_argo/css/custom.css file. This ways help to keep all your customization, whereas any direct modification into the template files will be overridden when upgrading.

joomdude808 Friend

I did use the custom.css file, but I also made modifications to the blocks and such.

As far as the T3 update, I have downloaded the Joomla 3.2 version from:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3275

Do I install on top of the existing T3?

iguinee Friend

I find this extension very useful when updating indidual Joomlart extensions. You can configure it and use it to update all of your JA extensions with just a click.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=303

This is how to use it: http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Extensions_Manager/Admin_Panel

Good luck

joomdude808 Friend

Thanks @iguinee

Since submitting the post, I have downloaded the plugin and installed over the previous version…it did the trick.

How are things going with your JA Argo themed site?
    Have you looked at the new Purity III theme?
    Do you use K2 or Joomla com_content to publish your content.

I am eager to share tips & tricks!

iguinee Friend

My Joomla! is still not up to date. Version 3.3 is out but Argo is not updated yet,

Please update this template

Ninja Lead Moderator

Please backup all your site first and then you have to process to upgrade JOOMLA 3.3 and T3 framework latest version. For now, your site will be working fine with JA Argo template on JOOMLA 3.3

FYI: due to the large template collection, we are still in progress of updating our template to this latest version of Joomla, we do hope to release it asap.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum