Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Re-use of any of JoomlArt.com’s editorial content and graphics for any purpose without our permission is strictly prohibited.

What’s hard to understand?

scotty Friend

wooohanetworks;105140“Editorial” can have a very wide-set meaning.

It could until it is put into context, and in the context of the terms of use it clearly means the article content as opposed to the ‘template’ content.

(to me anyway)

wooohanetworks Friend

Forget it, never mind the issue from my side as I do not use the demo content anyway. The only thing is that people can oppose, suppose, guess and so on…

dragonlord Friend

If it would be the case that the photos are only licensed for Joomlart than Joomlart would be action illegaly when they deliver the graphics in the download files. So i guess up to 99% that Club Members are allowed to use the graphics on their sites.

Other template clubs make the photos “dirty” in their download files, so it is clear that the images can not be used by the club member..

scotty Friend

They have told you in the terms of use that for YOU to use them is illegal. It’s not that hard to understand…

<blockquote>Re-use of any of JoomlArt.com’s editorial content and graphics for any purpose without our permission is strictly prohibited.</blockquote>

Plain and simple.

Honestly, it’s like…

dragonlord Friend

<em>@scotty 105450 wrote:</em><blockquote>They have told you in the terms of use that for YOU to use them is illegal. It’s not that hard to understand…

Plain and simple.

Honestly, it’s like… </blockquote>

Oh the reuse of any graphics are prohibited, this means we aren’t allowed to use Joomlart templates without permission 😀

Sorry, but when Joomlart give us the graphics (without watermark, etc..) in the download files than Joomlart would work illegaly, because they share only for Joomlart licensed photos.

BTW, with graphics is generally meant all graphics files, so not only photos also the graphics of the template.

It would be silly if Joomlart club members could’t use the 3rd or 5th style of JAZinC because the background graphics are “photos” (especially the Nintendo Mario background of style 5).

So i think the copyright information relates to the site Joomlart.com with their content and graphics and not of the template files..

scotty Friend

Sorry I don’t know how good your grasp of the English language is. The TOU specifically refer to the ‘editorial’ graphics (as opposed to the template graphics).

<blockquote>when Joomlart give us the graphics (without watermark, etc..) in the download files than Joomlart would work illegaly</blockquote> So you have inside information of Joomlart license agreement with their graphics supplier do you? How on earth would you know if it is illegal or not otherwise?

dragonlord Friend

<em>@scotty 105474 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry I don’t know how good your grasp of the English language is. The TOU specifically refer to the ‘editorial’ graphics (as opposed to the template graphics).

So you have inside information of Joomlart license agreement with their graphics supplier do you? How on earth would you know if it is illegal or not otherwise?</blockquote>

Of course it would only be illegally if Joomlart wouldn’t have the license to give the graphics with the templates. If only Joomlart would use a license that permitt the graphics only on Joomlarts demo servers it would be 100% illegaly to put them into the download files. When you deliver copyright protected files to your customers you have to hold the license for this. I don’t know one company which allows that another company offer their copyrighted graphics (legally with license), but the customers aren’t allowed to use them.

This would be if apple sell their ipods with copyright protected mp3’s on its harddrive, but the customer of the ipod isn’t allowed to hear it, because the license for the mp3 holds only apple. This would be silly, wouldn’t ist?

So i am sure, that Joomlart holds the license to use the template graphics for its demo servers and and for using by the club members.

But it would be really appreciated if Hung Dinh or another Joomlart official could clear this issue by posting a statement on this thread!

scotty Friend

dragonlord;105477So i am sure, that Joomlart holds the license to use the template graphics for its demo servers and and for using by the club members.[/quote] Just because Joomlart’s license may allow them to redistribute the files to club members does not mean that they have to give you permission to use them.

But it would be really appreciated if Hung Dinh or another Joomlart official could clear this issue by posting a statement on this thread!

Where is the confusion? It really is quiet clear from the TOU Joomlart’s position on this, regardless of their license agreement with their supplier.

scotty Friend

dragonlord;105477This would be if apple sell their ipods with copyright protected mp3’s on its harddrive, but the customer of the ipod isn’t allowed to hear it, because the license for the mp3 holds only apple. This would be silly, wouldn’t ist?

I bought the U2 iPod a few years ago and it came with U2’s entire discography. I am allowed to listen to to the music. But I am CERTAINLY not allowed to redistribute it!

This was really not a good example to give.

dragonlord Friend

<em>@scotty 105479 wrote:</em><blockquote>I bought the U2 iPod a few years ago and it came with U2’s entire discography. I am allowed to listen to to the music. But I am CERTAINLY not allowed to redistribute it!

This was really not a good example to give.</blockquote>

If your posting applies to the customer:

When you use the graphics Joomlart give it in the download packages you don’t redistribute them, you use it of your own! So my example make sense..

If your posting applies to Joomlart:

If Joomlart deliver non-watermarked copyrighted graphics they redistribute them, no matter if they prohibite the use for the customers..

<em>@scotty 105479 wrote:</em><blockquote> Just because Joomlart’s license may allow them to redistribute the files to club members does not mean that they have to give you permission to use them. </blockquote>

Ok now i understand what you mean. But in my eyes it doesn’t make sense if Joomlart holds the license of the graphics to use it for themselves and for deliver to the customer and said then that the customer couldn’t use them. I wouldn’t understand why Joomlart don’t deliver watermark graphics, just for making it easier for the customer to make their own graphics (with the watermark graphics the customer would know the graphics size, etc..)

I didn’t upload an joomlart template yet but since today i have believed that i could use the graphics in the templates. I think it would be really a customer fraud if Joomlart makes different styles for JA_Zinc and finally the customer couldn’t really use them.

Please Hung Dinh make the thing clear..

harmanhay Friend

Hi Scotty, a quick related question: when creating a banner to advertise a site that uses a JoomlArt template, do you think I am prohibited from using the wallpaper background in the banner?

What if the site was commercial?

Who would be the best person to ask?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  harmanhay 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum