Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’m using T3 framework and JA Rave (Joomla 1.6) template. I’ve installed the extensions manager. Though it is a powerful tool for many, I’m not sure if or how I would use it in my particular case–I do not create or customize extensions.

A few questions:
    Does extensions manager look at a joomlart.com site to tell me if there are new extensions available? (It appears I have to download extensions from joomlart.com and install them to the local ja repository in order to check for upgrades, etc.–as opposed to it just looking at the joomlart.com live site.)

Is extensions manager required for use with templates, plugins and module? For example, JA Rave is bundled with extensions manager. Will JA Rave function if I disable extension manager or don’t use it? Will they be impaired in any way?

-billb

Winchester Friend

<em>@microvation 230413 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Does extensions manager look at a joomlart.com site to tell me if there are new extensions available? (It appears I have to download extensions from joomlart.com and install them to the local ja repository in order to check for upgrades, etc.–as opposed to it just looking at the joomlart.com live site.)</blockquote>

For JA extensions and Templates, you can update without leaving the back-end. You just need to change the Update Service from Local Service to JoomlArt Updates.

<em>@microvation 230413 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Is extensions manager required for use with templates, plugins and module? For example, JA Rave is bundled with extensions manager. Will JA Rave function if I disable extension manager or don’t use it? Will they be impaired in any way?

-billb</blockquote>

No. You JA T3 Template should work fine without Ja Ext manager. However, it does help with keeping them up-to-date. All of your extensions and templates in fact. Right now you may have to grab the new versions of your non-JoomlArt extensions from their respective developer’s sites and then upload them into the repository, but I think this will change in future along as more developers begin make their extensions/template available to Ja Ext Manager..

Best regards,
    H. Winchester Lyon

microvation Friend

That clears it up for me. Thanks much!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  microvation 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum