Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am using Joomla 1.6 and JA_METHYS with the mega menu set to start at level 2. This works well for the desktop version of the website, as a side menu takes care of the top level menu items. The iphone menu should start at level 1, as it does not show the side menu. Is there any way to:
    (1) modify iphone.class.php or another file to force the iphone menu to start at level 1?
    (2) assign a separate profile, with a menu start level of 1, to the iphone, android and handheld devices?
    (3) use some other method to get the start level of 1?

clrmedia Friend

Anyone have any ideas? Am I in the right forum?

Blaine Friend

Hi clrmedia!
    We are not supporting Joomla 1.6 any longer.
    Please update to the Joomla 1.7 and if yu still have questions we will be happy to support.
    Is the setting for the default iPhone in the template not working for you?
    My good friend n6rej says this is the best way: assign a separate profile, with a menu start level of 1, to the iphone, android and handheld devices?
    Thanks!

n6rej Friend

<em>@clrmedia 280267 wrote:</em><blockquote>Anyone have any ideas? Am I in the right forum?</blockquote>
    #2 is absolutely the best way… use the wiki as a guide.. but your going to setup a profile that is specifically assigned to the mobile devices.
    you can also create a unique layout ( i think you might need to ) to help with this..
    use the cpanel as your guide along with the wiki.

clrmedia Friend

So one more question. How do I set a new profile (let’s call it Mobile profile) to be the default for mobile devices? Where can I override the current default profile for any mobile devices?

n6rej Friend

please read the wiki and see my video’s ( http://youtube.com/BearLeeAble ) there is one there specifically on overrides.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  n6rej 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum