Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have been developing a site using this template, the link to the site is:

http://www.backofthebusgb.com/

I have hacked the code quite allot to get the site to look this way, i just need to know how to change the iphone layout so that it looks as it does on a computer.

jooservices Friend

Hi
    So you are want to use desktop version but on iPhone ?
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

reders Friend

yeah that’s correct, the desktop version on the iphone.

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Real simple.

Goto: EXTENSIONS > TEMPLATE MANAGER > select your site template > PROFILES TAB > LAYOUT SETTINGS

Change IPHONE Layout to read “disabled” or whatever the DESKTOP LAYOUT (above it) is set to.

That’s it.
    Have fun!
    John.

jooservices Friend

Hi
    There are some ways to do. Above is a standard way you can do, or you can do by force it in code ;).
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

reders Friend

Hi, thanks for your replies

I have gone into the template manager and changed all layouts to default, which is what the desktop was originally.

this still hasn’t solved my issue as when i look at the site on my phone, and other phones it does not display as the desktop version.

How do i hard code this into the site?

Sean. R

jooservices Friend

May i know which mobile / handheld devices you have checked ?
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

reders Friend

Apologies for the late reply, the project went on hold for a while.

I am checking the site on my iphone4 and the client is checking the site on there android phone, i’m not sure what version.

The site still seems to be showing the iphone layout rather than the desktop default layout, any ideas?

Sean R.

Easy fix.

Set your “Handheld Layout, iPhone Layout, Android Layout” – NOT to default, but to “DISABLED”.

That should do it.

Have fun!
    John.

reders Friend

thats cracked it, thanks John.

Sean R.

Reders,

On second thought, would you mind checking your install and see if you have the following folder and file:

templates/JA_(yourtemplate)/css/iphone/iphone.css

Back in the summer, w
    e had a series of templates shipped that was accidentally missing that folder and file. And I’m wondering if perhaps that glitch has cropped up again. If you are missing it you can simply create the folder and copy the iphone.css file you’ll find in your /handheld/

Thanks!
    John.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum