Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi

On my school site there is a top menu and a menu down the side. The one down the side is more important than the top menu but on the iphone layout it is only the top menu that shows. See http://www.stmaryscalne.org/

Can I alter any code so that it is the side menu that shows on the iphone?

Blaine Friend

Hi john47!
    You can change that by changing the menu block assignment in the iphone layout.
    Please see this WIKI.
    Let me know how you get on with this after trying the suggestions.
    Thanks!

bolington Friend

Hello !

<em>@Blaine 273858 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi john47!
    You can change that by changing the menu block assignment in the iphone layout.
    Please see this WIKI.
    Let me know how you get on with this after trying the suggestions.
    Thanks!</blockquote>

In my case, i do not want to simply replace the mainnav block, i want to modify the default menu used in the iphone template…
    In the file jat3/base-themes/default/blocks/iphone/mainnav.php there is a line :

<?php if (($jamenu = $this->loadMenu(‘iphone’))) $jamenu->genMenu (); ?>

Do i have to modify this one to get a different default menu than the desktop view ?

Thanks for your help,

Vincent

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Vincent,

In backend > template manager > your profile, there is option for you to choose menu type for your site: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/686/1214793440.png, by default, it uses main menu, you can switch to your desired one.

Regards.

bolington Friend

Hi Saguros !

Thanks for your answer !

In my site, i have a desktop version and an iphone version. The main menu is the one i want to set as default in my desktop version, but in the iphone version, i need to set another default menu, a menu i created which is called mobile menu for example.

How can i do this ?

Regards,

Vincent

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Vincent,

Currently, you can set ‘main menu / handheld menu’ for iphone instead of default menu of iphone. In order to achieve your need, you must have heavy customization / hack in code of this T3 framework. and this is out of our support scope. I’m really sorry for this.

Regards.

bolington Friend

Hi Saguros !

Thank you for your answer.

How can i set ‘main menu / handeld menu’ instead of default menu for iphone ?

can you at least tell me which files are conerned by the default menu attribution to the different templates (desktop/handeld/iphone) ?

Thank for your help,

Vincent

Saguaros Moderator
    bolington Friend

Thanks Saguros !

I will read this and tell you… But the second threads is not readable…

See you

Vincent

Saguaros Moderator

np, hope to hear good news from you 😀

bolington Friend

<blockquote>Hi Saguros !

Thank you for your answer.

How can i set ‘main menu / handeld menu’ instead of default menu for iphone ?

can you at least tell me which files are conerned by the default menu attribution to the different templates (desktop/handeld/iphone) ?

Thank for your help,

Vincent </blockquote>

Hi Saguros !

Do you think i will be able to get the solution of my problem if i become a member ?

Thanks,

Bolington

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Bolington,

You could check out suggestion in these 2 threads:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?64635-How-to-disable-the-mobile-nav-menu-how-to-use-desktop-view-by-default-with-Purity-II&highlight=default+menu+iphone
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/i-would-like-to-use-a-different-menu-in-the-main-navigation-of-the-iphone-layout/

You are welcome to join us, but the important thing here is that if problem comes from our products and is not beyond our support scope, we will help you out. At times we are not able to provide support for customization.

Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum